Remakes/Ports Discussion

Started by talonmalon333, July 31, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Did you play Kirby's Adventure?

Foggle

Yeah. It's pretty fun. Not a favorite or anything, but I enjoyed it.

talonmalon333

It's actually one of my favorite NES games. I feel like time and Kirby are good friends, because Kirby games tend to age very well.

Also, here is a question I've been meaning to ask you, Foggle. At this point in time, do you think they should do a remake of RE2?

Foggle

No. I no longer trust Capcom to deliver a competent Resident Evil title.

talonmalon333

They really should have done it years ago, when there was a bigger demand for it and when Capcom was more competent. It would have made so much sense to release REmake 2 for the Wii around or shortly before the time that RE5 was released.

talonmalon333

Since we were talking about the Super Mario Advance games recently...

Apparently, Nintendo released those on the Wii U Virtual Console. For most of them, I honestly don't see the point. I mean, the original games were already released on Virtual Console. Except for Yoshi's Island. That one makes sense, though at the same time it just makes me wonder why they aren't re-releasing the SNES version of that game. I suppose Super Mario Advance 4 would also make sense if they re-released it with the E-Reader content all there, but that's the only one that's not up on Virtual Console yet. Super Mario World in particular doesn't make much sense, as it was already almost identical to the SNES version. It would have been better to just release Super Mario All-Stars Anniversary Edition onto the eShop.

If they feel the need to release two versions of a game on VC. They should just go with DKC3. At least that game has two completely different soundtracks, allowing us to play through it with both soundtracks on the same console. But of course, they need to get the original DKC trilogy up onto Wii U Virtual Console in the first place.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 07, 2015, 04:20:47 PM
I just remembered another GBA port. Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, a port of Kirby's Adventure. What did you guys think of that one?
It's okay, like Kirby's Adventure. Never quite understood why some diehards hated it, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

You're not a big Kirby's Adventure fan?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 09, 2015, 02:03:07 PM
You're not a big Kirby's Adventure fan?
My previous rankings of the Kirby games:

1. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
2. Kirby Super Star
3. Kirby Triple Deluxe
4. Kirby's Dream Land
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn
6. Kirby's Adventure / Nightmare in Dreamland
7. Kirby Squeak Squad
8. Kirby's Dream Land 2
9. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
10. Kirby's Dream Land 3
11. Sakurai himself for not making that awesome looking canceled Gamecube game
12. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

So it's smack-dab in the middle. Personally I just think it's a fine game. Nothing amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i would love a metal slug x port.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

is the vigilante 8 remake good?

talonmalon333

I actually didn't know it got a remake.

On a side note. What did you think of the original Vigilante 8 and how it compared to Twisted Metal?

gunswordfist

i don't think i have ever played the first tm. based off of what little i have played of twisted metal, i like the vigilante 8 series much more. it has always been my favorite car arena combat series.

apparently, the v8 remake has some content from the 2nd game. that sounds cool.