The Battle For 8PM

Started by Daikun, November 08, 2013, 05:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthGonzo

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 09, 2013, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: DarthGonzo on November 09, 2013, 04:45:43 PM
They're removing King of the Hill to air the same crap they always show during the day?

Yawn. I guess the ONLY reason I have to continue tuning in to CN anymore is American Dad. I pretty much hate everything else CN and AS are airing now.
Given that you only find preference for one show on an entire lineup, doesn't that make you who watches the same crap every day? Besides, only a manchild can be that dismissive.

Wow, that was harsh. Thanks for that.

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 09, 2013, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on November 09, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
I really wish Fox would send KOTH off to another DVD company that would willingly make a complete series set for it.

I don't even care about bonuses, I just want all 259 easily and legally available again.

Same. If they can release all of That 70's Show on DVD for only 35 bucks, they can at least give us all of KOTH for 50 or 60. Hell, I'd buy it for over a hundred even, KOTH is worth it, dammit.
Mill Creek, the company that recently put out those cheap sets of T7S and Roseanne, just announced that they're also rereleasing a bunch of other shows, a few of which are Fox properties, and one of which never released more than the first 2 seasons (Just Shoot Me!). I don't see why KOTH can't be in the equation, either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Let's hope it happens, soon. King of the Hill is definitely popular enough to warrant a complete series set, especially since it's fanbase was heavily augmented thanks to [adult swim] airing it two hours a day for all these years.

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on November 10, 2013, 09:40:58 AMMill Creek, the company that recently put out those cheap sets of T7S and Roseanne, just announced that they're also rereleasing a bunch of other shows, a few of which are Fox properties, and one of which never released more than the first 2 seasons (Just Shoot Me!). I don't see why KOTH can't be in the equation, either.

I'm surprised Shout! Factory hasn't jumped in on this. They're usually the go-to guys for cult TV series.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on November 10, 2013, 07:47:18 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on November 10, 2013, 09:40:58 AMMill Creek, the company that recently put out those cheap sets of T7S and Roseanne, just announced that they're also rereleasing a bunch of other shows, a few of which are Fox properties, and one of which never released more than the first 2 seasons (Just Shoot Me!). I don't see why KOTH can't be in the equation, either.

I'm surprised Shout! Factory hasn't jumped in on this. They're usually the go-to guys for cult TV series.
Oh, them too! That was my first thought for who should pick up the rights, actually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

If only. I would buy a complete KOTH set on day one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

For people talking about King of the Hill, they've actually been airing KotH at 1:30 AM now. Kind of a weird time to air it, but I guess CN/AS rights with KotH is still in good standing.

LumRanmaYasha

So apparently last saturday's 9pm Regular Show was the 13th highest show of the week for "[adult swim]." Admittedly, there was a movie before it, but you have to wonder if Cartoon Network is better off keeping the 9pm hour anyway.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on December 09, 2013, 12:51:48 PMSo apparently last saturday's 9pm Regular Show was the 13th highest show of the week for "[adult swim]." Admittedly, there was a movie before it, but you have to wonder if Cartoon Network is better off keeping the 9pm hour anyway.

It seems so.

QuoteAS vs. CN at 9PM
From the week of November 4th, King of the Hill got 0.839 (M), 1.066 (T), 1.066 (W), 1.160 (Th), 1.063 (F), 0.987 (Sat); American Dad got 1.320 (Sun)

From the week of November 11th, Regular Show got 1.300 (M), 1.356 (T), 1.057 (W), 1.118 (Th), 1.194 (F), 1.213 (Sat); Percy Jackson got 1.734 (Sun)

AS vs. CN at 9:30PM:
From the week of November 4th, The Cleveland Show got 1.108 (M), 1.463 (T), 1.454 (W), 1.351 (Th), 1.178 (F), 1.250 (Sat) and 1.387 (Sun).

From the week of November 11th, Adventure Time got 1.242 (M), 1.232 (T), 1.070 (W), 1.182 (Th), 1.173 (F), 1.351 (Sat); Percy Jackson got 1.734 (Sun)

In average, CN beat AS at 9PM with 1.281M (AS has 1.075M) and AS beat CN at 9:30PM with 1.313M (CN had 1.283M).

Daikun

The hour returns to Adult Swim this Monday...and it's back to your regularly scheduled KOTH/Cleveland team-up at 9PM.

I wonder if this experiment will change anything down the line.

hobbyfan

In the words of the late Gorilla Monsoon, highly unlikely.

Daxdiv

Welp, this is happening. Adult Swim is gaining 8 PM on March 31st!

I don't understand, Cartoon Network already has a good library of cartoons they air at 8 PM.

Peanutbutter

Because of Adult Swim having a good year of ratings and the advertisers demanding it, apparently. I never cared about them having 9:00/8:00pm, but because I'm in central I won't have CN in primetime period.

Of course, I don't watch CN live on Mondays because of WWE. But Regular Show and Adventure Time did great on Mondays, as did Steven Universe at times. I can't help but think this may be a bad move.

Daikun

Avaitor

Every day? That's not going to be good for their Monday shows.

New blog!