31 Nights of Halloween (2015)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Wasn't Spark the one who nominated this?

I haven't seen it, actually. I probably should.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Spark's never here on the weekend.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

There's still a good chunk of the Hammer films I need to get to, this being one of them.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 18

Directed by: Charles Barton
Screenplay by: Robert Lees, Frederick I. Rinaldo, John Grant
Starring: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Glenn Strange, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr.
Released: 1948

It's odd how they decided to title this movie considering that it featured all three classic Universal Monsters, not to mention that two of them reprise their roles from the movies, but this is easily the best of the AAC features, IMO. It's a classic, and still holds up for it's genuinely great use of comedy. It's definitely a must-watch for any fans of the classic Unviersal Monsters, as well.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Easily one of my all-time favorite films. It's the rare comedy that hasn't aged a bit!

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry, I missed talking about some of these. I was going to watch and comment on them, but I'm a bit behind with other things this year. I just haven't had the time.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 19

Directed by: John Llewellyn Moxey
Screenplay by: George Baxt
Starring: Christopher Lee, Dennis Lotis
Released: 1960

Once again, I shamefully haven't seen this one before. I'll add it to my backlog of movies to get around to, but I can't say much about a movie that I don't even know anything about to begin with.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yet another case where someone nominates a movie yet doesn't bother to actually comment on it. :srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 20

[The Devil Rides Out]

Directed by: Terence Fisher
Screenplay by: Richard Matheson
Starring: Christopher Lee, Charles Gray
Released: 1968

And again, I haven't seen this one. Have I mentioned that I still have plenty of catching up to do on Hammer films? Because I really do. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Now this one is regularly regarded as one of Hammer's best films. I'm going to try to watch this one tonight after The Flash to comment on it with a fresh watch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Sounds like I need to watch Hammer's movies...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Just finished watching it.

It's definitely a great one. Car chases, fist fights, demonic cults, possession, spiritual and psychological horror, and a great cast. This movie never misses a beat and always has you guessing what will happen next until the end and the direction is sharp. It's definitely one of my favorites, not just of Hammer, but horror as a whole. Just a good old school horror film.

Of course you also can't go wrong with Christopher Lee blowing demons up by throwing crosses at them.

Avaitor

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I also forgot to mention
Spoiler
unexpected time travel
[close]
but that's a spoiler.

If you're a fan of B-movies, it rarely gets better than this.