What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Press the stick very lightly. It's really difficult; that one's always made me rage.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Neomysterion X. Prime

Wow, I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie in ages as well.

Ontopic, I'm currently playing Bomberman II for my original NES (got as far as Stage 2-2). I also have plans on continuing with Kirby's Epic Yarn and getting started with Donkey Kong Country Returns as well.  ;D

Avaitor

The last boss in DKC Returns is tough as shit, but is totally worth it. He reminds me of Andross and Master Hand, and even though I probably died about 50 times fighting him, it was way more fun fighting it than either of those.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is one hell of a game. It's great for fans of the originals but it's doesn't feel too dated for people who didn't grow up playing them. It's a hard game, but completely worth the investment.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If you can deal with the difficulty in DKCR, then 3D Ninja Gaiden should be relatively easy in comparison (at least on Normal mode), so play that next. :sly:

Anyways, DKCR is the game I most want to get yet I'm the only one here who has no means to play it. I despise all of you with passion right now.

Avaitor

But I don't have much money and I have two unopened games to try out next.

Also, it's your fault for choosing a 360 instead of a Wii. For once I don't envy everyone who did. .3.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ninja Gaiden II, Alan Wake, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, bitch. That is all.

Also I got my XBOX360 for free, just so you know.

gunswordfist

On Saturday I was playing Street Fighter IV and tried to beat the game as everyone since my cousin unlocked most of the characters by beatung their Arcade mode. I did all of that and just unlocked Fei Long. So next I try to finally beat the game on Medium Hard mode. Cammy decided to kick my ass for like an hour straight. The way I finally beat her was from memorizing exactly when to counter her. It was that long. Then I beat Seth in like 5 tries. Still no Akuma or Gouken. Then I just go straight to hardest mode. Takes me like 20 times which is actually damn good for me, to beat Seth. No new guys. Then I try to beat the survival mode that has Akuma in it. I got up to Gouken then I lose to freaking Rose one of those times and turn the game off to watch the Young Justice rerun...I turned it off when I was saving so guess what...data's gone. Ugh.

On Sunday I finally beat that survival mode and hardest mode again
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It's a real shame that those single player modes offered in Street Fighter IV didn't make it into Super, because if it did that would totally make the first release a completely pointless game to own.

So I spent the other day replaying the penultimate 2 missions in the first Valkyria Chronicles. Attempted to a-rank the battle against Jaegar but that became a lost cause when the guy kept running away every time I unleashed on him. So I just had Alicia sprint across the map, capture his bases and then sent Jann and Audrey to blow him up. Eventually everybody was knocked out except for Alicia and Audrey, and I ended up using one of the orders to make Audrey finish off the Lupus. It was pretty awesome to see Audrey use up every shot, then activate her special that gave her even more ammo.

In Donkey Kong Country Returns, I've been collecting every KONG letter in the levels and have completed all temples except for World 8. I need to finish that one but I've become more obsessed with beating those gold times. I didn't expect one of those Nintendo channel videos to teach me of that roll jump climax trick though. Certainly makes things a lot easier now.

I got stuck in Other M and I have no clue what to do. Don't wanna look at a guide either, since those things are bound to spoil me hard but I'm stuck in some room where the water is rising and falling repeatedly. I seem to have this luck with all Metroid games though, so fuck linearity, I'm still lost without a solution.

Also revisiting Marvel vs Capcom 2 to prepare for the 3rd game. Trying to get some of those Trophies as well, but I don't think I'll get the ones that need scoreboard victories since online play is plagued by cheese attacks and god-tier teams.

talonmalon333

Heck yeah. Donkey Kong Country Returns is awesome. Might you guys say it's better then New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 13, 2011, 02:35:55 PM
If you can deal with the difficulty in DKCR, then 3D Ninja Gaiden should be relatively easy in comparison (at least on Normal mode), so play that next. :sly:

Anyways, DKCR is the game I most want to get yet I'm the only one here who has no means to play it. I despise all of you with passion right now.

That's okay. Everyone here already hates you. So it evens out.

Spark Of Spirit

As much as I love DKCR, it has a few niggling ideas that put it just behind NSMBWii for me. Mostly the odd design choices and strange difficulty spikes.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and one of the best of last year, but NSMBWii is one of my favorite 2D platformers and the best one since SMB3, IMO.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry guys, I don't like Tooie. I might force my way through it at some other point, but I hate the boring level design and it just kills the game for me no matter how much humor it might have. The almost total absence of platforming for minigames and walking just isn't for me.

Tooie just isn't for me.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on January 18, 2011, 07:11:29 AM
Sorry guys, I don't like Tooie. I might force my way through it at some other point, but I hate the boring level design and it just kills the game for me no matter how much humor it might have. The almost total absence of platforming for minigames and walking just isn't for me.

Tooie just isn't for me.

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :P

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 18, 2011, 08:46:00 PM

Tooie just isn't for me.

Did you ever even play the games?

It sounds like you haven't.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on January 18, 2011, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 18, 2011, 08:46:00 PM

Tooie just isn't for me.

Did you ever even play the games?

It sounds like you haven't.

Yes. And I gave my opinions earlier in this thread.