My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Well this is weird. Apparently the Hub used a fanart of Discord in their commercial (presumably) without realizing it.

http://briskby.deviantart.com/journal/My-Art-was-used-in-a-HUB-commercial-270557210

Eddy

I'd probably feel the same way they feel. That's awesome.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the show a lot too. This season even more than the first.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, I want a party cannon.

I really enjoyed the most recent episode since it was more or less the Rarity show for most of it with her friends making cameos near the end. Basically, she carried the entire thing quite well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I also thought this one was great. Rarity is amazing and her voice actress, Tabitha St. Germaine, is really quite incredible.

And, yes, PARTY CANNON. I loved Twilight's Elaine dance too.

Nel_Annette

Finally saw Sweet And Elite.

One of my favorite episodes of the season. Rarity is almost able to carry a whole episode by herself, her song was awesome, the other ponies were great with the little screen time they had (Twilight was so freaking adorable here), and Fancy Pants (and his trophy horse? That's what I'm calling her.) is a surprisingly cool character. I wouldn't mind if he showed up again.

I just wish someone would have called out Upper Crust and her hubby for being complete and utter tools.

And I honestly thought trophy horse was a pink-haired Celestia when she first showed up. o.o

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So I saw some back on forth on my Twitter feed about that Derpy character being made canon and how its suddenly offensive. Saw a clip of her on Jake's Facebook and I can't see it at all. When I heard about her sounding retarded, I thought she'd sound like Opie from Family Guy, or that retarded cousin from Drawn Together. She just sounds like Jimmy Neutron to me.

Kiddington

Here's the actual clip in question, if anyone cares (or hasn't seen it yet for themselves).

My word; THAT'S it? After finally seeing it myself, I have to agree; I cannot believe this is what actually spawned an entire day's worth of (at times) nasty and bitter argument.

She really does sound a lot like Debi Derryberry (although it's not). Man, people take this show way too seriously.

Avaitor

That's it? There's nothing offensive about her voice at all. Got nothing on Patrick.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I'm just surprised that they really called her Derpy. I mean it has the word "Derp in it. As for the voice, I just found it more funny than anything else. Then again, you're talking to the guy who's rambling on about Katawa Shoujo on Twitter.

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Ooooooooffffff coooooooouuuuuuuuurrrrrrrsssssseeeee, beeeecaaaaaaaaaauuuussssseeee taaaaalllkiiiinnnnnnnng liiikeeee thiiiiis iiiiis reeeeaaaaallly ooooooffeeeeeensssssssiiiiiiiiveeeee.

Eddy

I also can't believe how much of a shitstorm Derpy caused. Not the "holy crap I can't believe Derpy is canon" shitstorm because honestly it was pretty awesome, but the "Derpy is offensive and a mockery of the mentally disabled" shitstorm. Did these people freak out over characters like Ed? Or Pinky? Or Patrick?

If people were honestly offended by Derpy they were looking way too into things. It's also worth noting that writer of said episode, Amy Keating Rogers, has a son who is mentally disabled. So, yeah, I don't think she would mock something so close to home for her.

Daxdiv

Looking back, the only hilarious thing about the Derpy situation is that Tabitha St. Germaine thought that Derpy was supposed to have a penis. Well, that does explain why the voice felt like a grown woman trying to do a young boy's voice, like other voices in this industry.

Nel_Annette

Funny how the morning I get my "Have a Derpy day!" t-shirt I saw that all that drama had popped up on Equestria Daily. o.o;

Mr. Big

I have to say, I enjoyed the latest episode. Some really funny Dash moments (Ninja Dash kills it)

I'm really looking forward to the next one, though. Big Macintosh finally gets an episode!