My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 3 opener was OK. The best line of the episode was delivered by Princess Cadence to Twilight Sparkle "One day, we have to get together when the kingdom's safety isn't hanging in the balance."

Generally, I'm lukewarm to the 2-part episodes. I don't think that it's necessary for every season to start with a 2-part episode with the ponies trying to defeat some Big Evil. This one in particular seemed forced and rushed, like they just did it because they have to it at the start of each season. I much more prefer the stand alone strictly-for-laughs episodes. The best part of this one was the fact that it turned out to be Spike who saved the day, and he even got his due for doing so! Also, Luna shows up for this one. True, she didn't do very much, but at least she was there.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Micki!

I started watching this recently, I'm really starting to like it alot, I'm sure it'll get even better from here on..!
And Pinky Pie's voice is great, I'm loving it, especially when she occasionally sings :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Avaitor

Really? Her voice grates on me easily.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Micki!

I guess i just like the hyperactive type  :lol:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Spark Of Spirit

I saw the two episode premiere and thought it was pretty good. So far it seems like they've kept up the quality, I hope the rest of the season is as good as that was.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

Pinkie Pie is one of those characters that you either really love or hate.

One side sees her as a funny, wacky character. The other side sees her as an annoying character who never shuts up. I like her, personally, although she's not my favorite character.

She's like Screwy Squirrel, basically.

Nel_Annette

She works much, much better as a side character or background character. In episodes that focus on her, and the Luna episode, she's generally annoying as hell.

I still haven't caught the 2-parter, but I'm not really in any hurry. I'm burned out on the show (and definitely burned out on the fandom), so I think I'll just wait until the end of the season to watch everything.

Avaitor

I actually do rather like Pinkie Pie as a character. It's her voice hat I can't stand.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Pinkie Pie is my favorite character behind Rarity. But yeah, she is annoying in some episodes like the Luna one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Silverstar

Pinkie Pie is OK in small doses, though it does kind of bug me how she appears on more merch than any other character on the show. Pinkie Pie's funny and all, but she's not the whole show.

My personal favorite Pony is Applejack.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Quote from: Silverstar on November 15, 2012, 08:13:33 PM
Pinkie Pie is OK in small doses, though it does kind of bug me how she appears on more merch than any other character on the show. Pinkie Pie's funny and all, but she's not the whole show.
I dunno, it seems like Rainbow Dash is getting just as much merch as Pinkie, at least among the older fan stuff.

And personally, I think RD is just a bitch.

New blog!

Mr. Big

Anyone think that the Clone Pinkie episode is a parody of how fans perceive Pinkie to be? Alot of people view Pinkie as a one-dimensional hyper Pony who can only think of "fun" all the time, which is how the clones were depicted. The real Pinkie, however, is shown having multiple emotions, going into existential crisis.

Basically the episode was done to show people that Pinkie is more than a fun-loving pony.

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on November 15, 2012, 08:28:25 PM
Quote from: Silverstar on November 15, 2012, 08:13:33 PM
I dunno, it seems like Rainbow Dash is getting just as much merch as Pinkie, at least among the older fan stuff.

And personally, I think RD is just a bitch.

I can attest.

Just go to Hot Topic for visual proof. They actually had a lot of FiM stuff, and I swear like 98% of it was Rainbow Dash. Shirts, hats, plushies, backpacks... you name it.

Nel_Annette

I can't wait for the season 1 set to be shipped soon. I haven't seen any of those episodes in well over a year, and I've only watched this show once on an actual television. It will be awesome to re-watch everything on something that isn't a tiny YouTube window.

/still hasn't watched any season 3.  :unimpressed:

Spark Of Spirit

The Pinkie episode was really good and a nice showing of why she's a great character. She showed that she wasn't as completely one-sided as people considered her being, she was simply over the top in everything she did. So far I'm really digging this season, and I'm glad it hasn't lost its heart.