Survival Horror

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm sure that it'll blow The Evil Within straight out of the water. I mean, when will these Japanese devs ever learn to stop putting actual effort into their games. It's much easier to make a game about looking at cameras and shutting doors, and of course the critics will just eat that shit right up. :>

talonmalon333

Is there any chance that Silent Hills will be ported to something beyond the PS4?

Also, for those of you who played the demo, how good is it? I'm hearing really good things.

Foggle

I have a feeling Sony might be helping to fund it, so I'd guess no. But if they aren't, it probably will since Konami needs money.

If by demo you mean P.T., it's great.

talonmalon333

It looks like this game will be its own thing. In that sense, it'll be like Silent Hill 2, which was very self contained and had no relation to the Silent Hill town lore, Alessa Gillespie, or the cult.

Foggle

Good. Silent Hill 3 was the only installment that did franchise continuity right.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 25, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
Good. Silent Hill 3 was the only installment that did franchise continuity right.

I was just basing on what little I've read. I had hoped you'd correct me if I were wrong. :P

Silent Hill 3 executed story through its visuals so well. When the walls in the otherworld turned alive and seemed to be pulsing blood, signifying the coming birth of the demon that the cult worships, and other stuff, was perfect. And it added to the atmosphere by game so creepy. Silent Hill 3 is a bit less subtle than 1, but is just as effective.

EDIT:

I didn't love the ending, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Has anyone here played the old Alone in the Dark games?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

A long time ago. They're pretty good from what I recall. They're basically more rudimentary and less action-y classic Resident Evil games.

Spark Of Spirit

I was just looking at the HG101 article on the series and the old trilogy looked pretty cool. The art style really works with early 3D graphics, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

They're worth playing for sure, especially if you enjoy classic RE. :)

gunswordfist

Then I might check them out. They were PC games, right?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, only the second game was ever released on a console, I think. If you like survival horror games, these were some of the first.

They predate Resident Evil.

gunswordfist

Yeah, I remember hearing that they predate RE. I love the sound of PC Survival Horror. Those sound extra scary to me.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Are any of the Galerians games good?