Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

I don't have issues with GameStop either.  The last new games I bought there was Lego Batman 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw, and I grabbed the promotional cases off the rack and the guy at the checkout gave me brand new sealed copies that they had behind the counter.  I don't think I've ever bought a preopened "new" game, people say it's a common occurrence but I'm pretty sure I have yet to encounter that.

And hell, I dig through those bins at the end of the checkout counter full of PS2 games in the yellow sleeves, and of all the ones I've actually bought all of them have worked.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

In all seriousness, I can't remember any good experiences with GameStop. All I remember is pre-orders that (literally) never came, games that don't even work, movies on bland looking discs, and cheap game cases. Since then, I've decided to never support them again. :sweat:

Foggle

You can buy movies at GameStop? ???

inb4 "Call of Duty and Uncharted!"

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on July 31, 2012, 05:13:40 PM
You can buy movies at GameStop? ???

inb4 "Call of Duty and Uncharted!"

I didn't know until my brother bought the 1989 Batman there (which, as I indicated above, was on a cheap, blank looking disc) . Guess some of them do.

Rynnec

I know that my Gamestop(s) used to carry movies, but they stopped doing so some time ago.

Commode

The closest GS has a MovieStop store like two doors down from it. Don't know how comment these are though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Gamestop used to sell used movies, but stopped about 3 or 4 years ago.

I actually got Superman: Doomsday at the one at my mall for $2 when they were dropping DVDs. I still think I spent too much on it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2012, 05:19:52 PM
I actually got Superman: Doomsday at the one at my mall for $2 when they were dropping DVDs. I still think I spent too much on it.

Yeah, had I known how much I'd hate that movie I wouldn't have even watched it for free....which I did do, but that's besides the point....

gunswordfist

Quote from: Nel on July 31, 2012, 11:19:56 AM
Paid $60 for a brand new copy of Skyrim at Gamestop. What does the asshole behind the counter do? Grabs an open case on the shelf, takes a disc out of some flimsy little paper, and sticks it in there. I got home and tried to play. Disc is unreadable every time. It loaded once, but never got past the title screen. I looked at the disc: scratched to hell and back. I fucking haaaaate Gamestop. When I pay $60 for a new game, I want a god damn sealed copy, not their display case bullshit.

The only reason I still go is for niche titles, but after my remaining pre-orders come in, I'm sticking to online shopping only.  :anger:
That shit happened to me before....except with Ninja Gaiden 2, I couldn't get past a fourth of the 1st stage. Can't believe I let that happen. I got my 360 from them (they gave me a refurbished one for some reason) that day too and Devil May Cry 4 so it was supposed to be a special day and all and they fucked it up. I'm going to have to buy Ninja Gaiden 2..used, one of these days.

Oh and the two copies of DMC4 I had are now both unplayable, not Gamestop's fault, "my own" for standing up my 360, thus melting some of the disc or whatever and then I got a 2nd copy from Gamestop and my little brother hit a fan and it dropped on my 360 and scratched it bad enough for it to never work again. Fuck my life. And it was during the Credo boss fight. I love that boss fight.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You can actually find both NG2 and DMC4 really easily for dirt-cheap these days. Sucks about you're XBOX360, though.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 31, 2012, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2012, 05:19:52 PM

Yeah, had I know how much I'd hate that movie I wouldn't have even watched it for free....which I did do, but that's besides the point....
What's so bad about it? It has a fairly decent rating on imdb.

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 31, 2012, 06:57:00 PM
Oh and the two copies of DMC4 I had are now both unplayable, not Gamestop's fault, "my own" for standing up my 360, thus melting some of the disc or whatever
Yeah, I had that happen to one of my games as well. So weird that actually positioning your Xbox like its shown in the ads ruins your discs...

Nel_Annette

It's happened to me too. That's like, the cardinal rule of the X-Box 360 (Do not reposition it while it's on or the disc is in.) and I and so many others don't realize that until right after the fact.

I destroyed my first copy of Saints Row 2 because of that.

Spark Of Spirit

No one has posted Luke Cage's recent spiel about how his games aren't meant to be "Fun", yet?

Good, best to let that one slide on by.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Who's Luke Cage?

(No, that's not a sarcastic joke. Genuinely have no idea. Interested in the stupidity you're referring to, though.)

Spark Of Spirit

Aha, oops, I meant David Cage. I guess I got old comic trivia stuck in my brain.

The guy who made Heavy Rain.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton