Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Ahh, makes sense. Sounds like something he'd say.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 31, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
I guess I got old comic trivia stuck in my brain.
I figured. :lol:

Avaitor

Yeah, I was going to pull out the comic where Doctor Doom stiffed Luke Cage out of a couple of bucks before Desen made his correction.

70's comics were fun!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

For a second there I was about to ask whether there was really a video game designer named after Power Man. :lol:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 31, 2012, 07:12:49 PM
You can actually find both NG2 and DMC4 really easily for dirt-cheap these days. Sucks about you're XBOX360, though.
My 360 is fine...well after I sent it to get repaired from Red Rings Of Death shortly after that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 31, 2012, 07:45:32 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 31, 2012, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2012, 05:19:52 PM
I actually got Superman: Doomsday at the one at my mall for $2 when they were dropping DVDs. I still think I spent too much on it.

Yeah, had I know how much I'd hate that movie I wouldn't have even watched it for free....which I did do, but that's besides the point....
What's so bad about it? It has a fairly decent rating on imdb.

[quote author=gunswordfist link=topic=255.msg30062#msg30062 date=13437790
Oh and the two copies of DMC4 I had are now both unplayable, not Gamestop's fault, "my own" for standing up my 360, thus melting some of the disc or whatever
Yeah, I had that happen to one of my games as well. So weird that actually positioning your Xbox like its shown in the ads ruins your discs...
[/quote]Superman Doomsday...has too little Doomsday. Funny enough if they named it the Death Of Superman, it w would get less criticism from m
And yeah, it believe it was overousins' house when I tried to show off standing up the 360...then my DMC4 stopped working soon afterwards.

Spark Of Spirit

It ain't the Death Of Superman without the Eradicator, Steel, and Superboy though. That movie was a total missed opportunity.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 02, 2012, 07:32:28 PM
It ain't the Death Of Superman without the Eradicator, Steel, and Superboy though. That movie was a total missed opportunity.
I said LESS criticism.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on July 31, 2012, 08:54:29 PM
Yeah, I was going to pull out the comic where Doctor Doom stiffed Luke Cage out of a couple of bucks before Desen made his correction.

70's comics were fun!
The panel where Doom describes Luke as a crazy black man would have been fine.

I'm surprised EK knows who Powerman is.

gunswordfist

I don't want this generation to end any time soon. I don't care about Sony and MS worrying about playing catchup to Nintendo. I just want them to fix the problems they have with their lineups of games so that won't carry over nextgen. I am of course not an idiot who thinks new console just means better graphics but their quality of games would be better if they did this. Of course this will never happen and is likely bad business sense but I just wish everyone wanted better games instead of thinking new consoles will fix everything.

Eddy

So, remember how the Silent Hill HD Collection was littered with bugs and glitches because the developers didn't know what they were doing?

Well, the good news is: the game is going to be patched on the PS3. The bad news is: they're canceling the 360 patch. Why? I don't know. They have a few excuses. Something about the timing, losing the source code to the games (what?), but basically what it boils down to is Konami fucking sucks. So if you got the HD collection on the 360 you're stuck with the glitches and Konami isn't fixing them.

But they still said to buy the game.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on August 11, 2012, 12:45:43 AM
lmao

Don't the open-world portions run at like 10 FPS or something?

Eddy

Quote from: Foggle on August 11, 2012, 12:47:37 AM
Quote from: Eddy on August 11, 2012, 12:45:43 AM
lmao

Don't the open-world portions run at like 10 FPS or something?
The games have a grocery list of problems but, yeah, low framerate in the open world (at least in Silent Hill 2) is said to be really bad. They also "lifted" the fog in SH2 so you can see areas that haven't loaded yet.

Great job, Konami! :thumbup:

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on August 11, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
They also "lifted" the fog
WHAT THE FUCK

NO FOG
SILENT HILL
DOES NOT COMPUTE

Rynnec

Found this post on gamings current trend of CoD and GoW clones:

QuoteYeah, this can be seen as this genre's version of the 90's for comic books. Its not about muscle bound machismo either. Not really. Those games have their place. Its that such things are flooding the market. Some grim and gritty games were popular, so all of the games need to be grim and gritty. Everybody copying Call of Duty and God of War can be seen as pretty much the same as comics mimicking the Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns.

Sounds pretty accurate, from what I've read up on on the Dark Age of Comics. I'm just afraid that once this "grim and gritty" trend ends (which it will) that the gaming industry will be just as broken and damaged as the comics industry.

gunswordfist

I just hope war games end up being much less popular. Grim and dark can actually be good as long as devs stop thinking flash and pretentious writing can replace good gameplay.