Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 02, 2015, 09:12:33 PM
how good is croc?

It's a 3D platformer with tank controls.

Basically, it's not worth playing.

gunswordfist

Speedy

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 02, 2015, 09:12:33 PM
how good is croc?
The first game is okay, but as talonman said, the controls could've been better.  Imagine (classic) Tomb Raider's controls in a platform game, and you have an idea.  The music's the best part of the game.

I didn't even have the patience to finish Croc 2.  World 2 was much harder than it needed to be.

gunswordfist

Speedy

I've only played the demo but I didn't care for it at all.  A shame, because I love Phil Hartman.

talonmalon333

Yeah, Croc has nice music.

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

I think he's in Blasto. Croc doesn't really talk.

gunswordfist

oh. that makes sense. blasto sounded like zapp b., right? (yes, i know billy west played zapp.)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 03, 2015, 11:31:44 AM
oh. that makes sense. blasto sounded like zapp b., right? (yes, i know billy west played zapp.)
Billy West based Zapp on Phil Hartman (Who the character was modeled after, but, of course, he was killed before he could play him) and Blasto was sort of a prototype of that character.

I still remember the first time I saw Zapp Brannigan on Futurama. I literally wondered if someone had recorded Phil's voice before he died because it was just so close. Billy West did a great job with his voice.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i recall blasto sounding like zapp when i just heard that hartman played him. also, it is amazing how much billy sounds like phil. i was shocked when i heard that he played fry and zapp.

gunswordfist

did i ask how good tomba 2 is yet?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 04, 2015, 01:20:49 AM
did i ask how good tomba 2 is yet?
I haven't played it in ages, but it's just as good as the original. Just don't bother with the PSN version since, according to Speedy, it's in Japanese for some reason.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I assume the publisher must have lost the original code for the English version, or something.