Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

They have the license to the entire TMNT and Power Rangers franchises, and they still fail to utilize that to their advantage.

talonmalon333

Then as far as I'm concerned, when SpongeBob fades away, their best chance from a marketing point of view is to take the TMNT brand and use it as well as they can for all it's worth.

gunswordfist

wait what? i didnt know they owned tmnt. not sure how to feel about that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

RacattackForce

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 05, 2014, 11:23:49 PM
wait what? i didnt know they owned tmnt. not sure how to feel about that.
Yep. No coincidence that the new TMNT is being made by sister company Paramount.

Avaitor

Yeah, it isn't a Dreamworks-like deal, they own TMNT lock, stock and barrel. Considering I can't tell if it'll stick around to usurp SpongeBob, but considering how long the other shows lasted, and that this one's doing pretty okay, I can see it at least make it to triple digits.

Power Rangers, meanwhile, is pretty much just a nostalgic franchise now. Don't expect any new series to keep butts in seats.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I'll be completely honest, as someone who only watches Nick for Avatar/Korra and the occasional classic Spongebob rerun, I thought FOP ended years ago.

gunswordfist

i also recently just found out fop still had new episodes.

Avaitor

Yeah, if you don't actively keep up with Nick, you probably don't know that FOP is still around. I'm surprised that I'm aware, myself.

But it's funny how by the era, the kids network's biggest shows and their deputies compliment their runs on the networks for the most part. SpongeBob and FOP; Rugrats and Arnold; Adventure Time and Regular Show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I'm really surprised Nick so far hasn't reran either the 1987 or 2003 TMNT series, I thought for sure they would've.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

They could compliment so many shows with other shows but won't do it.

Avaitor

You'd think the 80's show would at least make it onto The 90's Are All That here or there or 2003 could air on Nicktoons, but yeah, Nick just isn't interested in them.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

80s TMNT is obvious Nick at Nite bait, but they just don't seem to be interested.

I'm starting to think they've just given up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't know what to think. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Avaitor

I mean, they even pulled out the original Mighty Morphin' for 90's Are All That. I know that TMNT started in the 80's, but it did run for even longer in the 90's and was still popular for the first handful of years into the decade.

Plus, it'd be a welcome change from the neverending stream of Rugrats and Arnold repeats that they air. Although we are getting pretty off-topic.

New blog!