SUDA 51 and Grasshopper Manufacure

Started by Eddy, July 15, 2011, 12:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

The only real complaint I'm hearing about the game is that it's too short. People are reporting it's only about 6-7 hours long. But all I know is that I'm having fun so far.

Foggle

Honestly, who cares? Most classic games can be beaten in 4 hours or less without speedrunning, but they're still better than most of the stuff released today. Lollipop Chainsaw is such a high quality experience that 6-7 hours is more than enough content, IMO. I'll definitely be playing it at least two more times... within the year.

Foggle

Stage 5 boss is the greatest thing ever.

Also, I believe I may have been misled. I don't think there's any rockabilly music in this game. :(

Foggle

Brilliant analysis of Lollipop Chainsaw. Sterling has somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes, now. Warning: spoilers!

I wish I had Suda51's brain.

Eddy

After taking a bit of a gaming hiatus I went back and finally beat Lollipop Chainsaw and I fucking loved it. :blush: Suda's best game since No More Heroes, for sure. Maybe even since Killer7. Now I need to replay it and rescue the students I missed because I got the bad ending.

Eddy

Also, that Jim Sterling article about the message of Lollipop Chainsaw is really good. I was starting to feel it myself in the last couple stages. I think he's on to something.

Nel_Annette

Meh. It was okay, but the combat was way too clunky and every level has at least one section that makes me not want to replay it.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on September 15, 2012, 02:57:31 AM
After taking a bit of a gaming hiatus I went back and finally beat Lollipop Chainsaw and I fucking loved it. :blush: Suda's best game since No More Heroes, for sure. Maybe even since Killer7. Now I need to replay it and rescue the students I missed because I got the bad ending.
Agreed, it was awesome. Hopefully Killer Is Dead is even better.

Foggle

CLASSIC SUDA51 IS FUCKING BACK

Rynnec

Grave

Now that's a game I can look forward to. I've never played any of SUDA 51's games, because none of their games sparked an interest, but this one, yeah, I can dig this one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, this game looks like something way more up my alley than Suda's last few releases.

Foggle

Foggle

Quote from: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358437/interviews/shinji-mikami-interview-to-be-told-japanese-games-suck-is-a-bit-harsh/?page=3#top_bannerDid Shadows Of The Damned, your collaboration with Suda51, turn out as you'd initially intended?

No, it became a completely different game. That was a bit disappointing. I think Suda was unable to create the scenario he'd originally had in his head,and he rewrote the scenario several times. I think his heart was broken. He's such a unique creator, so it seems to me that he was not quite comfortable with making this game.

It did get good reviews in the end.

Yes, pretty good, but it's not a case of whether it was good or bad. The game was nothing like Suda had planned, which is rather sad. Mind you, if we'd made it as he originally planned, it probably would have sold even less, but it would have been very unique.
:(

Eddy

No wonder Shadows of the Damned felt the "least Suda" of Suda's games. :(