Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I wish.

That would be the first new character I'd main without even knowing about movesets.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Ryu Hayabusa rumor

I don't know if the site is real or not, but of all the third party characters, Ryu is not that far-fetched.

He has roots to Nintendo, the original trilogy is regarded as classic, he's still relevant, Team Ninja and Tecmo have strong ties to Nintendo (co-developing Other M and Hyrule Warriors will do that), and his most recent game actually appeared on a Nintendo system.

Real site or not, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm kind of surprised that Ryu hasn't already become a Smash Bros. character, all things considered. I mean, aside from his ties to Nintendo (and yes, besides its roots, new NG has also had 2 games released for Nintendo), and Team Ninja's association with them on 2 major projects, he also has ties to the DOA fighting games of all things, so he's a perfect character to feature as a fighter in another fighting game, whether it's his classic or modern iteration.

I guess the only thing holding this back from happening is that maybe not enough people want or care about him being in the game. Personally I don't get it, though. You can't tell me that he's not at least more qualified than some of the Smash characters that we've gotten before. I mean, was anyone really begging for Solid Snake in Brawl?

Spark Of Spirit

I see his default costume being the classic costume from the NES games, with alternates being the more recent design.

Simply reveal a stage like the rooftops from Ninja Gaiden II and include music like this as the main stage theme and people will go nuts. (Heck, I could see a trailer with a hard rock version of this working great)

Really, if they do it right, I could see him being as hyped as Mega Man is and Sonic was. He certainly has the chops for it. He also has tons of moveset potential.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I just want Ridley to appear in tomorrow's conference one way or another so I can have a good laugh all day tomorrow.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

It's not Smash without FALCON PUNCH!

Those Zelda graphics are amazing. Absolutely perfect art style.

Devil's Third is going to be sick.

Spark Of Spirit

A single play of Smash Run with Direct Audio

The music is a remix of the Mega Man 2 Title Theme and Dr. Wily's Castle. I can only wonder what other Mega Man music must be in there.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Pac-Man has been confirmed. As well as Mr. Game & Watch, so there you go.

No pics are out but it looks like its a retro inspired 3DS stage.

Commode

Pac-Man, such a useless character.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

They're using a shitty design for him too. This is the Pac Man design I wanted.

Spark Of Spirit

List repost:

QuoteMario
Link
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Fox
Pikachu
Yoshi
Luigi

Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff

Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Shiek

Ganondorf
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Ice Climbers
Pit
Ike
Diddy Kong

Wario
Metaknight

King DeDeDe
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Greninja
Charizard

Wolf/Falco
The Villager
Little Mac

New Fire Emblem rep
Dixie Kong

Mewtwo
Palutena
Surprise character reveal
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Lucario
Toon Link
Rosalina
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac-Man
It looks like my list might all be checked off at this rate.

I changed retro character to general surprise now since I bet if there's an out of left field character to be revealed, it won't be an old Nintendo one. As it is, the roster is shaping up well.

34 confirmed, only 5 short of Brawl. I'd say about 12-13 are left to go.

Spark Of Spirit

Pac-Man reveal trailer

He does look like a good character, at least.

Rynnec

Glad to see they went with the good design after all.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Fuck the haters, Pac-Man looks fun as hell.

Palutena is another great addition to the glorious new age of female Nintendo characters. Really hope Dark Pit isn't tagging along like they hinted.

Mii Fighter was expected, might be fun as fuck if everyone decides to choose it for the wacky fights.