Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I think Dark Pit is going to be a boss on the Palutena Temple stage. Sakurai has been steadily moving away from clones since Melee, and there isn't much else you could do to separate the two since he is literally a "Dark" Pit.

All in all, good character reveals for E3. We've got under four months until the 3DS version is out, so I guess there will be quite a few surprises to come.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Oh, cool! Pac Man!  :D

And the classic Pac Man to boot, not that horrifying recent redesign! Even better!

gunswordfist

I'm not surprised that Pac-Man is in the game at all. A pretty obvious pick.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

I want this so badly.

SO. BADLY.

Spark Of Spirit

Little Mac's victory pose his him wearing the belt and celebrating with Doc Louis.

That and how powerful he looks... I think he might be one of my mains this time. He just looks too good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I did go to the Smash-Fest at my local Best Buy, got there around 3 & ended up waiting until 6:30ish to play 4 minutes of the game. Was able to go 2 rounds and try out Villager and Greninja and they were pretty fun to play. Did come in 2nd place both times, so I don't consider myself sucky with those characters. If the line wasn't as long, I probably would have gone there again and played as Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer. The only thing I wished was that I didn't hit random during the 2nd game, since it gave us the Super Mario Bros U stage again, if I had known that, I would have selected the Punch-Out stage.

They also handed out pins, stickers, coupons for Select Wii U games (New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario 3D World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Games)/$30 off a 3DS/2DS/Wii U/10% off certain Wii U & 3DS Accessories and various AR cards for Bravely Default. Didn't get that coin, but I was happy with what I got, especially since I was able to complete my panels for Puzzle Swap.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 03:33:37 PM
Little Mac's victory pose his him wearing the belt and celebrating with Doc Louis.

That and how powerful he looks... I think he might be one of my mains this time. He just looks too good.

That was my favorite part when I got close enough to the screen, Little Mac's victory pose was just a sight of beauty.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 11, 2014, 08:17:20 PM

That was my favorite part when I got close enough to the screen, Little Mac's victory pose was just a sight of beauty.
Did you get to see Mega Man's Final Smash in person? That seems to be making fans go nuts.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 09:30:47 PM

Did you get to see Mega Man's Final Smash in person? That seems to be making fans go nuts.

Yep, even bit the bullet in one of my matches to let that happen. Still probably the best looking Final Smash in the game. Donkey Kong's on the other hand... yeah.... so lackluster.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 11, 2014, 09:53:03 PM

Yep, even bit the bullet in one of my matches to let that happen. Still probably the best looking Final Smash in the game. Donkey Kong's on the other hand... yeah.... so lackluster.
... It's not Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat again, is it? That was the worst one in Brawl.  :-\

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

... It's not Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat again, is it? That was the worst one in Brawl.  :-\

Yep, he didn't even take up the screen like Rosalina's final smash. When that happened, the other fighters just fought in a corner where DK's final smash didn't hit any of us. It was kind of sad, really.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 11, 2014, 10:30:12 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

Yep, he didn't even take up the screen like Rosalina's final smash. When that happened, the other fighters just fought in a corner where DK's final smash didn't hit any of us. It was kind of sad, really.
They changed so many of the terrible ones, why not the worst one of all?

I don't get it. DK deserves better.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU BETTER BE SERIOUS!?!