Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on September 16, 2014, 04:26:19 PM
Ice Climbers were cut due to problems running on the 3DS version.
I was just about to post this.

It's lame he couldn't have just let them be Wii U exclusive if that's the case.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Yeah, if he was worried about 3DS owners getting shafted, he could've made a 3DS exclusive character in place of the Ice Climbers. That way, both versions would have an equal amount of characters and people would have an incentive to buy both.

Eddy

Such a bullshit reason. The two versions already have different stages, music, assist trophies, and game modes. I don't see why one or two characters would have been that big of a deal.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a total waste of a perfectly good character. I don't think anyone would have been upset for the Wii U to get an exclusive character. They're already going to need more reasons for Japan to jump on the second game. Exclusive characters would help.

I'm not comfortable with them being expendable because they don't have a recent game, though. I don't want to play a Smash game in the future without Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, or the more obscure characters. They're part of the fun. Crossover fighting games with only popular characters tend to have boring rosters.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

But how is Duck Hunt Dog relevant compared to Ice Climbers? You can at least get new people to play Ice Climbers on any Nintendo system thanks to the eShop, unlike Duck Hunt where it's technology kind of prevents it from being ported. Unless.... Let my dream game happen:

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 16, 2014, 05:27:45 PM
It's a total waste of a perfectly good character. I don't think anyone would have been upset for the Wii U to get an exclusive character. They're already going to need more reasons for Japan to jump on the second game. Exclusive characters would help.

Wii U gets Ice Climbers while 3DS gets Isaac/Matthew. Everybody would've won had they done that.

Spark Of Spirit

chr_10_page_1.tex
chr_10_page_2.tex

These were found in the game files. Apparently people think they might be hints for DLC.

Which would mean the character select screen would look like this:

Spoiler
[close]

Personally I would rather it just rearrange the icons to actually have an order. The clone corner still looks ridiculous.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The salt in that NeoGaf thread is amazing.

Eddy

I still don't get why Yoshi, there for the Yoshi series, is between Bowser and Rosalina.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Seems like Tharja's trophy seen in the leak was removed from the game entirely.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on September 18, 2014, 09:51:53 PM
Seems like Tharja's trophy seen in the leak was removed from the game entirely.
Huh. That's . . . weird.

Spark Of Spirit

Castle Siege is in the Wii U version! Yes!

One of my favorite stages.

In fact, let me give you a top 25 (or so):

1. Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
2. Peach's Castle (N64)
3. Fourside (Melee)
4. Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
5. Big Blue (Melee)
6. Dream Land (N64)
7. Castle Siege (Brawl)
8. Pirate Ship (Brawl)
9. Hyrule Castle (N64)
10. Pokemon Stadium (Melee) / Pokemon Stadium 2 (Brawl) [I hope Wii U gets 3]
11. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
12. Saffron City (N64)
13. Green Hill Zone (Brawl)
14. Delfino Island (Brawl)
15. Onett (Melee)
16. Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
17. Planet Zebes (N64) / Brinstar (Melee) [There's very little difference]
18. Smashville (Brawl)
19. Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
20. WarioWare, Inc. (Brawl)
21. Sector Z (N64) / Corneria (Melee) [It's the same basic stage]
22. Mushroom Kingdom II (Melee)
23. Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
24. Mushroom Kingdom (N64)
25. Temple (Melee)

That adds up to 7 from Smash 64 (I dislike the other two stages), 10 from Melee (Cream of the crop), and 11 from Brawl. As you can see, I tend to prefer stages with grab-able ledges and trustworthy platforms to land on. Also, stages with actual room is always good.

What are your favorites?

Rynnec

Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City (64)
Temple (Melee)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion (Braw) (Having the Tetris theme helps alot)
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Halberd (Brawl)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
Smashville (Brawl)
Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)
Green Hill Zone (Brawl)
Norfair (Brawl)
Mushroom Kingdom 64

There's probably more I'm forgetting

Spark Of Spirit

This is the most fun rumor out there so far:

[spoiler'd for size]
Spoiler
[close]

No N64 stages and Rumble Falls returning makes me want it to be fake.