Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 25, 2014, 04:53:40 PM
Um, yes he is. Popularity trumps all of that. Which would sell more? A game with Pitfall Harry or a game with Pac-Man in it? It's obvious.
How is Pac-Man more popular than Space Invaders?

Which game will sell more? Definitely not the last Pac-Man game which is already in the bargain bin.  ;)

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2014, 04:41:12 PM
Pitfall Harry invented the platformer, Space Invaders is still iconic and arguably a bigger game than Pac-Man ever was
[/quote]Oh whoa, on the same page you went from saying Space Invaders was arguably bigger than Pac-Man and than you say how is Pac-Man more popular? Also, how well did the last Space Invaders game do? And I can't take your paragraph talking about how this argument should have nothing to do with you seriously when you mention sex acts involving someone not in this argument.

Anyway, like I said before, Pac-Man would push more titles than any of the characters you mentioned. He's wanted by the fans (you know, the guys who buy the games?) more than anyone you mentioned.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Well, if you're going to play semantics instead of, once again, answering the question, I guess this is done.

For future reference:

throttle
throt?tle
[throt-l]
noun
Also called throttle lever. a lever, pedal, handle, etc., for controlling or manipulating a throttle valve.
throttle valve.
the throat, gullet, or windpipe, as of a horse.

verb (used with object), throt?tled, throt?tling.
to stop the breath of by compressing the throat; strangle.
to choke or suffocate in any way.
to compress by fastening something tightly around.
to silence or check as if by choking: His message was throttled by censorship.
Machinery .
a.
to obstruct or check the flow of (a fluid), as to control the speed of an engine.
b.
to reduce the pressure of (a fluid) by passing it from a smaller area to a larger one.

I'm not the one that jumped to a certain conclusion.  :P

PS: The last Space Invaders game (Extreme 2) didn't bomb. It's actually as well liked as Championship Edition.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Uh no, you did.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
If you want to throttle Ensatsu-ken, just send him a PM. This is a family friendly board, right Foggle?
[/quote]Posting definitions aren't going to change what you wrote. Anyway, you can move around it all you want to but Pac-Man makes more sense to be in Smash Bros. than any character you named. I'd rather have the Lee brothers in the game myself but I won't warp logic to pretend like they deserve to be in the game more than Pac-Man does.

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody's warping anything except you. I wrote a word in it's proper definition and you took it out of context. Pretty straightforward stuff, man.

And no, Pac-Man does not deserve to be in more than them. You have not produced a single reason as to why he should be and unless you do beyond vague personal statements I suggest dropping this endless loop you are on. It's a waste of time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Sighs, I said because of popularity. I'll just repeat my point and nothing else: What would sell more? A Smash Bros. game with Space Invaders in it or one with Pac-Man in it?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 25, 2014, 07:49:02 PM
Sighs, I said because of popularity. I'll just repeat my point and nothing else: What would sell more? A Smash Bros. game with Space Invaders in it or one with Pac-Man in it?
Judging from the last Pac-Man game, not Pac-Man.

If nobody wants to buy a Pac-Man game with him on the cover, why would they buy a fighting game with him in the background?

The same people would buy it if anybody else was in. Again, he's not that popular nowadays. I don't even care if they put him in, but it's not a foregone conclusion that they will. Can we move on now?

gunswordfist

Nobody? Really? Weren't you just saying that a lot of people wanted Pac-Man in the game? Yes, move on.

Spark Of Spirit

The less than a handful of people who bought his last game, of course. But you know what I meant. Anyway, I'm tired of hijacking this thread.

gunswordfist

You know it was more than a handful of people. It would have been a non-issue for you if that were true.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 25, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
You know it was more than a handful of people. It would have been a non-issue for you if that were true.
Clearly it wasn't. Vocal minorities do not equate to a majority.

Are you done now? Or do you have another pointless crusade to wage or another word to pick apart to make an argument from nothing?

gunswordfist

I still want Rayman to be in the next Super Smash Bros.

Spark Of Spirit

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Smash tournament at E3 and demo at Best Buy.

Who hyped here?

Spark Of Spirit

This was surprising. Not to mention the tourney at E3 that will give us a bunch of new gameplay videos out of it.

Of course, not everyone liked this news.

Foggle

That's probably the most accurate summary of video game "journalism" I've ever seen.