E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 09:12:30 PM
To put things straight, I WANT to like my XBOX360. I really do. But honestly I've just grown to find most of its exclusives to be stale, and what is good still isn't quite enough to justify my purchase of the console over others. To be clear, the PS3 isn't much better in my eyes, but I now really wish I had decided to go with the Wii, but to be fair that console had a shitty line-up for the first 2 years of its life-cycle, so its not really my fault that I decided against it at the time. I didn't realize that it'd take it a few years to really step up its game, but man did it really come through, even if it took its own sweet time in doing so.
Well, at least you get the superior versions of Bayonetta and NG 2. ;) I greatly prefer the PS3 to the 360, but it's not much better unless you have the exact same taste in video games as I do, and it certainly isn't worth $600 either way (I got a refurbished fat one for around 200, even came in the box!).

But hey, there are still lots of cool games coming to the 360 this year, even if none of them are exclusives!
Max Payne 3
BioShock Infinite
Resident Evil 6
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Anarchy Reigns
Lollipop Chainsaw
Hitman: Absolution
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Borderlands 2
Brothers In Arms: Furious Four
Sonic 4: Episode 2
Metro: Last Light
Serious Sam 3 (or so I hear)
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (already released)
The Darkness 2 (already released)

It's a good year for video games. Be happy you own a console that can play even one of these great releases! :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for good multiplatform games. I just kind of also miss having exclusives that I could brag about for owning the console that I do. Its childish, I admit, but I liked that.

I liked that when Nintendo had Mario, Sega could answer back with Sonic (even though I owned both consoles, myself, ironically).

Most notably for me, I liked how while the PS2 had Devil May Cry (and God of War, but I never considered it on the same level, myself), the XBOX could actually answer back with what I consider to be its equivalent competitor, which is obviously Ninja Gaiden. This gen I just don't get that feeling anymore.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 08:58:23 PM
Well, at least it'll most likely be better than Microsoft's line-up of exclusive titles at this year's E3, which will probably consist of the following:

Halo 4

And....

The end. Show's over.

You forgot this.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 05, 2012, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 08:58:23 PM
Well, at least it'll most likely be better than Microsoft's line-up of exclusive titles at this year's E3, which will probably consist of the following:

Halo 4

And....

The end. Show's over.

You forgot this.

Microsoft's last two conferences in a nutshell.

Well, that and like three shooters.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

Bonus Round's E3 preview: Microsoft

I won't be watching, but I thought someone here might find it interesting. Personally, I don't expect much from Microsoft. They haven't delivered at E3 since Shadow Complex.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I skipped Desen's likely depressing OP. I'm looking forward to:
Shooters
PS3/360 exclusives
More great Vita games

:D Seriously, I want to see:
-Games in all the lacking favorite genres of mine. Hell, at least one each will do, can't ask too much for the ignored. That would be:
-A good stealth game after Hitman Absolution comes out.
-A good TPS I can play after Max Payne 3.
-A JRPG with a damn world map that isn't a confusing cutscene fest and has a compelling battle system
-3D Platformer for the 360.
-Hack n slash games, for the love of God. Easy money. Also, PoP Sands Of Time type action platformers
-Metroidvania for XBLA
-Any type of good beat em up. Please please please.
-Open world Action RPG
-4 player Action RPG
-Futuristic scifi sandbox shooter
-Doom style shooter for 4 player off and online co-op

As for sequels, etc.(also, I don't know release dates so forgive me if some games are already out before E3):
-Rayman Legends footage for 360/PS3
-Streets Of Rage 4 (yeah right)
-Another Prince Of Persia
-Devil's Third
-Metal Gear Rising Revengence
-Surprise Bayonetta 2 trailer
-Zwei trailer
-Sonic 4 Episode 2
-Beyond Good & Evil 2
-Doom 4
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2012, 11:03:45 PM
I want to see some legitimate footage from Dishonored, Thief 4, Yakuza 5, Resident Evil 6, and Devil's Third. Maybe the announcement of a new proper Ratchet & Clank to close out the PS3.

And how about some goddamn info on Half-Life 3, Valve? :wth:
Dishonored...forgot to list that.

EDIT: Also, Overstrike

Spark Of Spirit

Actually, my OP was pretty positive overall. The last time I was pessimistic was before E3 2010... Which was pretty great. Since then I'm always positive going into E3.

The only negative part of my post was Sony's 2006 conference. Since that's really as bad as E3 can get.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 05, 2012, 08:42:17 PM
Here's what is most likely to be shown by Sony at E3:

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

and others:
New Syphon Filter
David Cage's new game
New game from Media Molecule
New game from Guerrilla Games

On Sony's E3 site it says there will be "20 new gaming experiences", so I think that's pretty close to what we'll get.

And in my opinion that's not enough for the Vita. None of that did anything for the PSP, it won't help here.
Also forgot about Sly Cooper and has anything actually ever been said about a new Syphon Filter?

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 06, 2012, 03:06:57 PM
Anarchy Reigns' single-player campaign looks like it will basically be God Hand 2.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 06, 2012, 03:32:17 PM
Anarchy Reigns' single-player campaign looks like it will basically be God Hand 2.
That game has a single player mode?

I also want a House Of The Dead game for 360.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 06, 2012, 03:44:45 PM

Do you have Kinect? I'm not sure if there is even a light gun for the 360. But 360 is the only system that didn't get Overkill because of it.

Foggle

Black Side - Play as Jack from MadWorld
White Side - Play as Leo (a new character)
Final Side - Beat Black and White to unlock this segment (in which you probably play as both characters at different times)

There's also a bot mode if you want a single-player deathmatch experience.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 06, 2012, 03:48:26 PM

Do you have Kinect? I'm not sure if there is even a light gun for the 360. But 360 is the only system that didn't get Overkill because of it.
:unimpressed: You have 5 seconds to run.