QuoteFEATURES:
? Swoop through levels and cling to walls when Mario transforms into Flying
Squirrel Mario, or gently float through the air while hanging onto Tiny Balloon
Yoshi.
? The Wii U GamePad controller offers a new way to play multiplayer in this
game. An extra player can jump into the action using the new Boost mode,
creating platforms out of thin air to help others navigate tricky stages or
access hidden or hard-to-reach items.
? Boost mode also makes cooperative speed runs possible for the first time.
Use the GamePad to interact with and manipulate enemies and objects in
real time, allowing for new ways to find the fastest routes through each level.
? Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch game play from the TV to
the GamePad at any time to continue playing even when others are using
the TV.
? Experience Mario together like never before with Miiverse. See other
players? comments and accomplishments while you play and leave your own
feedback for others to see when connected to the Nintendo Network.

Oh man... Best launch game ever.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Good news for you Mario World fans:

QuoteIGN: At the Nintendo Direct presentation, we saw what appeared to be a glimpse of an overworld, a traditional top-down map where Mario moves around, like Super Mario World or Mario 3. Is that making a return, and is it any different from what we've seen in games like those?

Tezuka: Yes, actually. It's interesting, because the director of New Super Mario Bros. U and some of the staff are people who grew up playing Super Mario World. They really have a lot of good memories about that seamless map it used and they thought this was a good time to bring that back. So yes, it's back
The world map is interconnected like Super Mario World!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 01:35:22 PM
Its hard for me to judge P-100 from just that trailer. It looks like one of those games that is lame to watch but could be surprisingly fun to play. I'm not sure yet.

No way in hell does it look anywhere close to as good as Vanquish, though, which is a TPS, and an excellent one at that. And also, its not like Platinum has neglected other genres at all. They've done hack n' slash, beat-em-up, and TPS so far, and this just happens to be the next genre that they are tackling. In fact what other TPS games have they made aside from Vanquish, anyways? Its not like they are known for just doing that genre, so I don't get that notion.

Anyways, a top-down shooter could be good if it incorporates elements of strategy into it, IMO.
He said third person, not shooter, but knowing Desen, he's going full retard on the TPS genre for no reason again.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

^Because 85% of the E3 shows consisted of nothing but action games in the third person and first person perspective. Which are not my favorite styles of game.

This is:

Trine 2: Director's Cut is a Wii-U exclusive

QuoteTrine 2: Director?s Cut, exclusively for the Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called ?Magic Mayhem?, designed exclusively for the Wii U.

Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins on a quest to ruin the kingdom for good; and a magical environment full of wonder.

For the first time in the series, Trine 2 introduces online cooperative multiplayer support for up to three players, alongside the local multiplayer mode.

The upcoming new expansion campaign, Trine 2: The Goblin Menace, will also be released on the Wii U at launch as a console exclusive.

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U exclusive & launch title)

Key Features

 ?The Developers' vision? fully formed
 Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
 Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
 New control system designed for the Wii U
 Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote? controllers.
 Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
 New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
 Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion

Trine 2: Magic Mayhem (included in the Director?s Cut)

 An all-new ?party mode? for up to 4 players
 Online or offline multiplayer
 More details to be announced soon

Trine 2: The Goblin Menace

 Add-on content for Trine 2: Director?s Cut
 A new adventure featuring the heroic trio in a tall tale of goblin menace
 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
 New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
 Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale

Trine 2: Director's Cut and Trine 2: The Goblin Menace expansion campaign will be released at the launch of the Wii U. Trine 2 is currently available on Steam for PC/Mac, the Mac App Store, Linux, Xbox LIVE? Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation?Network for the PlayStation?3 computer entertainment system.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

That crowd reacted slowly. Hopefully they fix that.

Fuck yeah, no multiplayer in Hitman. Oh and I love this guy's accent.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 02:09:11 PM
Sorry, but I find that poster to be heavily overreacting. I mean, how long has violence been in games? Its been around for a long time, and people have honestly had that kind of reaction to it since even the SNES and Genesis days with games like DOOM and Mortal Kombat, among plenty of other things. I myself am usually pretty indifferent to gore. If a game has it, that's fine, and if it doesn't have it, that's fine. I really don't care in most cases (the only reason I complained about it in NGS2 was because the replacement effect looked so cheaply done and downright didn't fit in with the game's look), but actually this post you linked to reminds me of a problem I've had with gamers in general for quite a long time. People like to make nothing seem like such a big issue. I'm sorry, but gore in video games and people's reactions to it is not a big issue. Its been around for a long time. And people cheering at that gore scene in The Last of Us isn't the first time that's ever happened. People have reacted positively to violence way before this generation even started.

Anyways, my issue is that people cheer to such games and are so enthusiastic about it despite them being clearly uninspired and really only being able to hold up through their graphics and presentation. A few years after its release the game will feel dated and boring. Meanwhile, games that actually put effort and creativity into their design and happen to be a lot cleaner looking to appeal to all ages are looked down on as "kiddy" and fall under the scope. That's my real problem with how modern gamers and journalists see everything. They give praise to so many games that don't deserve it and ignore the games that do.
Don't worry. Desen is just using that post to say that he wishes their was more variety in games of today. He actually doesn't mind people cheering for blood and gore.

Spark Of Spirit

New Super Mario Bros 2 has Reznor!

The level design looks a lot crazier than the original one, so it looks like NSMBDS might have been a fluke with its boring and bland levels.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Resident Evil 6 Jake footage.

The guy playing sucks, but this gameplay is much better than yesterday's! I like it a lot. Looks very frantic and fun. J'avo fight seems pretty intense.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 03:59:49 PM
New Super Mario Bros 2 has Reznor!

The level design looks a lot crazier than the original one, so it looks like NSMBDS might have been a fluke with its boring and bland levels.

The original NSMB levels deserve more credit than that. Sure, they weren't perfect, but it was Mario's first venture back to 2D in ages.

As for NSMB2, looks great. I still find it curious how weak the graphics are, though. They look like DS caliber. Might have to do with this game being released digitally, but I don't know. Either way, looks great, and I'll definitely buy it... but NSMBU will probably be better.

Spark Of Spirit

Gamespot P-100 footage

Here's a pretty cool random quote that I think Foggle would like:

QuoteThis has been the most refreshing glass of RIGHT in a steaming hot mess of WRONG that has been the majority of E3. I can't get this game out of my head. It speaks to me on so many different levels. Platinum Games is one of the very few developers that is still carrying the torch for GOOD FEEL GAMES. This is the kind of shit that would have come out in the Clover days. P-100 looks SO old school too, almost like something that would have rocked the scene during the SNES era. PERFECT. It's also the kind of game that doesn't belong in today's market, but at the same time NEEDS to be there.

I would feel so on top of the world right now if I was Platinum. With Anarchy Reigns & Metal Gear Revengeance and now this...forget about it! Shame on people if these games don't do well for them.

Foggle

That quote is so spot on. Platinum (and, by extension, Clover and Capcom Production Studio 4) have the greatest track record of any modern game development team, period. They know exactly what gaming is and should be, and they never let the promise of big bucks stifle their creativity or sway their design sensibilities. That would be gameplay/performance first, characters second, music/sound third, art design fourth, graphics fifth, and story last.

I'm extremely impressed by this gameplay footage. Looks really fun! I want this game so bad now; just as badly as I want Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising! That trailer from earlier was pretty awful, honestly - this video makes it look brilliant.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The Snoop is in the Tekken Tag Tourney

This kind of cross promotion is completely nonsensical and out of place and I love it.