Max Payne

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 09, 2012, 11:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

QuoteYeah there was this cool moment in last nights stream. I won't describe the level or anything, but Max dove sideways slow-mo and hit his head against a pillar. As he was getting up while still firing at enemies he was holding the back of his head.

Foggle

Fake TV shows are IN!

It's... Love & Ladies, the spiritual successor to Lords & Ladies! Leaked from the Brazilian version of the game, so it's not in English, but it's still something.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The ending was so out of left field in a hilariously good way.

Foggle

Oh yeah, I'd advise not reading that comic if you haven't already. It has spoilers for the game. I know this because someone just linked me to a short cutscene that adapts the first few pages of it. Only watched it since I'd already seen the comic.

Let me just say... goddamn. Great writing, directing, and acting. Just like an awesome crime film. I don't need to see anything else now. Max Payne 3 definitely isn't going to disappoint.

Foggle

Captain Baseball Bat Boy is in too! :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I figured he would be, since Rockstar even put up a Captain Baseball Bat Boy wallpaper theme as DLC for the XBL user interface.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 11, 2012, 01:31:52 PM
I figured he would be, since Rockstar even put up a Captain Baseball Bat Boy wallpaper theme as DLC for the XBL user interface.
For real!? How much does it cost? I might pick it up with my remaining banana points.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't really remember, to be honest. I think it was somewhere between 80-240 MP, but I can't remember for sure.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, at the very least the game has been getting pretty positive reviews so far. It just seems like, as usual, most critics are more impressed with the story and talk more about that than the actual gameplay, which is why gaming critics of today or useless. I want to hear more thoughts from fans about how the gameplay stacks up to other TPS games, as well as the classic games, of course.

gunswordfist

I'm interested in that as well.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not that I care about it, but supposedly the multiplayer in this game is actually really good.

Foggle

Lots of kids on GameFAQs are complaining that Max Payne 3 is "way too hard even on Medium difficulty." You don't know how happy that makes me.

On that note, Old School mode is the same as the hardest difficulty setting except it also disables the cover system and Last Man Standing. I'm pretty sure it also limits you to 7 painkillers and doesn't give you any upon dying repeatedly.

And New York Minute Hardcore is New York Minute with saving disabled. You have to restart the entire game from the beginning if you die.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Old School sounds right up my alley. I'll have to pass on New York Minute Hardcore, though. Regular NYM is hard enough but satisfying and fun. Having to restart the whole game or basically finish it in one sitting isn't really my thing, but its cool for anyone who's that masochistic.

I'm just glad to hear that the game has modes that let you skip the cut-scenes completely once you've beaten the game once. I'm sure the story and dialogue is good, but I wouldn't want to be bogged down by long-winded cut-scenes on a subsequent play-through.

Spark Of Spirit

It's really surprising that this is being done by the company that's been pushing open world games hard in the past few years.

But I'm not complaining, hopefully people will follow Rockstar again just like the other times they had hits.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

PC version delayed to June 1st... nice. :wth: