The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Eddy on September 14, 2012, 09:27:56 PM
A fucking boycott website? This is beyond ridiculous now.

QuoteAgainst those Ninty defenders that use ?WiiU is getting hardcore games and you people complaint??

Here are my retorts to those dumb-ass "retorts" against so-called "Ninty" fanboys:

Quote1. You probably never even played the first Bayonetta.

That's an assumption.

Quote2. Why are you even concerned about this game? Nobody is bashing the WiiU console, we are talking about the game, you probably don?t even play these type of games.

Sounds to me like you're the one concerned about this game. You say that nobody is bashing the WiiU, yet you are clearly antagonizing it and Nintendo fans here, and you just basically repeated your first retort with that last statement, and once again its nothing but another assumption.

Quote3. Nobody buys a Nintendo console to play DMC/God of War/Assassin?s Creed

Nobody buys an XBOX360 or PS3 to play Mario, Zelda, or DKC. What's your point? That you can deliberately take 3rd party or exclusive games that were never released on the Wii and use it against the WiiU because you can't come up with a better retort?

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody bought a Microsoft console to play Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, or Gears Of War at one time either.

Then the 360 came out.

The point is, things change all the time. If they didn't Atari would still be king.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember when the XBOX was generally hated by most gamers last gen (I was one of the few people who actually liked the console for games other than just Halo), and people were saying that the XBOX360 would also be a piece of shit. Then all of a sudden it becomes this highly praised console this gen simply by nailing its 3rd party support (it barely improved in the first party department, though, and that's a generous statement in this case). Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all of the bitching and fussing that gamers are making over the WiiU, that it still ends up becoming the most popular console of the next-gen and completely outsells the XBOX360 and PS3 just like the Wii did.

Daxdiv

From reports, it appears that GameStop and Best Buy have ran out of 32GB models to pre-order for the time being. Man, and people say Nintendo is dead.

Eddy

I'm not going to get one at launch so I hope it isn't a repeat of the Wii situation where finding one was impossible for like a year.

Also, I love how the angry Bayonetta fanboys are pretended Sega didn't cancel Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo is only publishing it out of SHEER GREED.

Nel_Annette

I might just wait. There's so much I need to save up for. Wii-U might have to wait a year or more, actually. :(

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Haha, you have to wait for Japanese games now.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2012, 11:56:34 AM
Haha, you have to wait for Japanese games now.
I always wait. The problem is the ones that just plain don't come out... European shit as well, since Nintendo of America hates localization as of late.

Daxdiv

Doesn't surprise me since most of, if not all Nintendo Consoles are always region locked. Really, that's like one of the pluses the PS3 has over the Xbox 360 and Wii this generation.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Time to invest in softmodding again.

Kiddington

Does this really surprise anyone? I mean, has there ever been a Nintendo console (other than the DS) that wasn't region-locked?

It sucks, but it's pretty much par for the course.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 07:07:26 PM
Does this really surprise anyone? I mean, has there ever been a Nintendo console (other than the DS) that wasn't region-locked?

You forgot the various forms of the Game Boy. Practically every portable up to the DSi (Some games that make use of the DSi's camera, like Pokemon Black/White won't work on a foreign DSi) was region free. Meaning I could play Mother 3 in Japanese on my GBA.

Commode

Technically the SNES isn't fully region locked, you can play Japanese games on a NA SNES if you break out a couple of tabs in the cartridge slot(I've even thought about doing this, since you can get a Japanese copy of Earthbound for much much much cheaper than an American version, but then I'd have to learn to read Japanese).  I think it's the same way with the N64. 

PAL regions get screwed though, because there's not much room for compatibility.  Both NA and Japan use NTSC, and PAL has different frame rates than NTSC(if you've ever watched a PAL release of a cartoon you'll notice how it runs at a faster rate).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Expected. All Nintendo consoles are region-locked, I didn't expect this to change. But I bet Atlus is thrilled!  .3.

I can only hope that NOA will get off their duff and release more stuff this gen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton