What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

There was a thread on GAF earlier today that claimed WayForward had interest on working on a Metroid game.  Hold on a sec....
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on November 16, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
There was a thread on GAF earlier today that claimed WayForward had interest on working on a Metroid game.  Hold on a sec....
Quote from: Comeau on November 16, 2012, 08:50:29 PM
Yeah here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500144
Wow, my pants just tightened up a bit. Thanks for the info!

Spark Of Spirit

I would honestly rather them make a new Clash At Demonhead. IMO, they're the only current developer that could understand how to make that concept work.

Oh, speaking of WayForward, did you play Infestation yet, Foggle?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

But what incentive do they have to do that?  The only way that game would have any recognition in this day and age is it is referenced in Scott Pilgrim.  Nobody knows what that game is, and fewer people have actually played the game.

On a similar note, I have been looking for Shatterhand recently.

Foggle

Commode

The Adventure Time from them that comes out next week looks pretty sweet though.  Definitely looking into that.

Spark Of Spirit

Well it doesn't have to be titled 'Clash At Demonhead', just using the concept it had to make a new game. It had a very unique concept and cool ideas that no game ever tried to improve on. WayForward is the only developer that flirts with pseudo-open worlds in 2D games so I think they would be the best bet for it.
Quote from: Foggle on November 16, 2012, 09:14:46 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 16, 2012, 09:02:00 PM
Oh, speaking of WayForward, did you play Infestation yet, Foggle?
No. :-[
I really think you'd dig it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

So I'm at world 1-6 in Sticker Star. This had the makings to be a great game. The dialogue is still top-notch, the combination of turn-based battles with SPM's linear level environments is pretty awesome, music is still good. But the battle system. This sticker management thing is bullshit. Makes the whole thing really unfun to play, so so far this is easily the weakest Paper Mario to me. Damn shame. Hopefully we can get a real successor to the first two games on Wii U at some point.

Foggle

Just beat Spec Ops: The Line. Good lord. Now that is a video game story done right. A brilliant, pointed critique and deconstruction of the video game industry's current obsession with modern war-glorifying shooters, featuring what may just be the finest storyline in recent memory. I don't think I can ever look at Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor the same way again now. Everybody needs to play this one. And go in blind; avoid spoilers like the plague.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel on November 17, 2012, 11:34:05 AM
So I'm at world 1-6 in Sticker Star. This had the makings to be a great game. The dialogue is still top-notch, the combination of turn-based battles with SPM's linear level environments is pretty awesome, music is still good. But the battle system. This sticker management thing is bullshit. Makes the whole thing really unfun to play, so so far this is easily the weakest Paper Mario to me. Damn shame. Hopefully we can get a real successor to the first two games on Wii U at some point.
Have you been using thing stickers? I dunno what to say except I really enjoy the battle system. I haven't fought the final boss yet (been busy with other things), but the battling is my favorite part of the game to where I don't even tend to skip them.

Nel_Annette

Thing stickers are pretty much how I've been getting through the boss fights. Right now I've gotten access to the blue doors, so I'm sticking them everywhere I can. The level exploration is still fantastic, and I'm alternating between worlds 2 and 3 right now.

It's not a bad game. Just really disappointing for a Paper Mario title. I'm enjoying everything except for the bare bones plot (dialogue and the little stories in each world are still entertaining, but really there is far less going on here than in the other titles) and the battle system. Otherwise, everything's pretty great.

Kersti is kind of just there, though. I'd put her on the same level as that yellow ball from Bowser's Inside Story and the talking suitcase from Partners In Time in terms of memorability. Which is to say, I'll probably forget her name once I'm done playing. I'd still say Tippi and Goombella were the best sidekick characters in the series.

gunswordfist

Continued my playthrough of Ultra-Violence mode on Doom and I'm having a blast. Yesterday I actually found 100% of the secrets in a level (shocked the hell out of me) and found out that Doom has secret levels because I found one in Episode 1. This replay has been a great excuse to explore levels even more. The difficulty hasn't really been a problem like I thought it'd be (but it is just Episode 1). I got up to the 4th or 5th level.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Paper Mario Sticker Star's music is awesome.

I would link you all to the final map theme but I can't find it anywhere. It is amazing.

Kiddington

Decided to pick up where I left off on Brawl. Figured it was about time to dust off the Wii again anyway (without spending money...  :humhumhum:).

Man, I forgot just how much crap I haven't unlocked yet. So many trophies...