What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

XBLA is doing Black Friday sells. I wish I knew about that. Spelunky is half price now (600. I have to say that 1200 is too much for the game and was bugged that I didn't get to buy it for a deal instead) and SVC: Streets Of Rage is 400 MS Points. I'm not too heart broken over Streets Of Rage since I have all 3 games on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and one half of the reason why I want it at all anyway is becuase of online play...annnndddd I don't have Xbox Live Gold, so yeah. The other half is because they let you play the Japanese version of Streets Of Rage 3 which is very different from the watered down, overly hard US/Europe or whatever version of the game and it's damn near different enough to make the collection count as 4 games and Japan SOR3 is fun as hell even though ironically it's a bit too easy.

So if you don't have SUGC, buy SVC: Streets Of Rage now, ESPECIALLY if you have Xbox Live Gold. There's no excuse not to get it. Easily the best beat em up games on XBLA.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 22, 2012, 10:34:31 PM
Let us know how it is!

And gsf, yeah DOOM II has less levels than the original but it's made up with how great the levels in II are. Seriously, some of my favorite FPS level design is in there.
I'm a sucker for this type of level design. Just by playing Doom II, I'm wanting Duke Nukem more and more since it's in the same vein and all.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

After a few deaths I got past The Factory on Doom II. Surprisingly enough, I got 100% of the secrets. I swear I thought I would have missed a few.

I'm loving this Downtown level. Nothing like seeing those giant round cyclops demons talk on a small machine spider and lose. I need to grab some health in this level fast so I can stop dying. I know I'm going to try and search every square each of it decide how big it is.

Nel_Annette

Having just figured out what Club Nintendo is (wtf is wrong with me), I've taken aaaaaalllllll the little codes from my game boxes and spent the pst hour and a half just taking survey after survey. Well over 1000 coins at this point. Only doing this because I want that golden nunchuck.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Oh, don't worry, I'm aware. It's for when it comes back. The only reason I'm doing this is because of the post Ninty made of it being sold out on Facebook.

And honestly, these other prizes look terrible, barring the t shirt or the G&W games.

Past Nel would have gotten the Animal crossing stuff.  :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

The 3DS game case was great when they had it it. I somehow managed to get two. I would really have enjoyed that SNES Classic Controller they never brought over, though.

Quote from: Avaitor on November 27, 2012, 08:58:18 PM
Didn't they just bring that back?
Yeah, it's out again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Scary how fast the golden nunchuck came and went. Hopefully I'll be quick on the draw next year.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 27, 2012, 09:04:24 PM
I would really have enjoyed that SNES Classic Controller they never brought over, though.

I was actually looking for that as a back up in case the nunchuck was out. Didn't know we didn't get it in the states. What a damn shame.

Classic Donkey Kong poster somewhat tempting, but not for that amount of coins.  :wth:

Avaitor

I don't regret getting my Zelda posters, but the only other things I can see that I really want from Club Nintendo are their VC downloads.

I also don't use Disney Movie Rewards all that much either, unless they get something really cool like that DuckTales movie set or old Disney Treasures collections. Which I do hope they bring more back again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I wanted the SNES styled Classic Controller, but Nintendo never brought it over here, only Japan and Europe got it.

Oh, and speaking of special Nintendo stuff, for every one who has NSMB2 you should check out the DLC they have for it right now, it's remade levels from SMB and SMB3, and it's free for the next month or so.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Thing is, I have a metric ton of video game posters courtesy of Nintendo Power, including a retail-only issue full of nothing but posters from a few years back, so I think I'm good on that front.  :lol:

gunswordfist

Man, I don't know where to go on Perfect Dark AGAIN so hours ago I just put the game down.

On a good note about the game, I found out that it has single player deathmatch vs bot challenges. I probably could just set them up myself as regular matches (which is an awesome touch in itself) but I like the extra effort regardless. I played two challenges. I might stop getting pissed off at this game if I get around to player more multiplayer with or without bots and some goes for a replay of the campaign (which should go smoothly since I'll actually know WTF to do upon starting over). And did I mention the game has gotten fucking wacky yet? I'm on the level where Elvis talks about how holy the level I'm on is hint hint.

I also tried Mega Man 9 again...yeah, the motivation is not there to beat Dr. Wily's castle. Looks like the game will be "shelved" for another few weeks.

Ugh, Doom. On Doom I, I'm replaying Episode 2 on Ultra-Violence and was still at the beginning. There was this an opening in the first level with a teleporter inside...and then the shit closes on me. No Red Keycard for you! At least I think that's where it was. I already forgot. Then as I was having a good time not getting shot in the 2nd map since it has little to no possessed guys with guns, I get access to the yellow card area with the black floors that look like shadows and I hit one switch all carefully and methodically to make sure I miss nothing or whatever and I go to get the rocket launcher and...both switches go down in the ground and now there's no way for me to find out what weapon I was going to get. But then again I already having the Plasma Gun so maybe I should stave off thoughts of starting this episode over just to see what I can get.

In Doom 2, level 15 is still giving me shit. I believe I died on the same part, where you full down and get greeted by a bunch of those demons that spawn those annoying fucking flaming skulls and a cyclops demon. I should know what to expect by now. Will plan better. I was doing pretty good.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on November 27, 2012, 09:14:14 PMOh, and speaking of special Nintendo stuff, for every one who has NSMB2 you should check out the DLC they have for it right now, it's remade levels from SMB and SMB3, and it's free for the next month or so.
The DLC is pretty creative. There is some amazing design in how they strung everything together to the point where it almost feels like Mario meets Metroid with exploration.

Shame about the lack of SMB2 stuff, though.

Avaitor

Another cool thing they have in Club Nintendo Japan is that exclusive DS remake of Balloon Fight with Tingle in it.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Holy shit, even the old codes for "My Nintendo" (before it was Club Nintendo) are counting. Looks like I'll be here even longer. Time to start fishing out the rest of these damn things. Shame I can't find the one for the first 3DS I bought, though.