The Kirby Series

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 03:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

What about Kirby Air Ride?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on January 21, 2015, 11:37:26 PM
It's a racing game, man. It's not the same.  :(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 21, 2015, 11:42:35 PM

But it's still one of the best (and most underrated) Gamecube games.

talonmalon333

I mostly just liked fooling around in City Trial. Must've spent so much time there, and so little in the racing mode.

It's okay.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on January 21, 2015, 11:50:39 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 21, 2015, 11:42:35 PM

But it's still one of the best (and most underrated) Gamecube games.
It's a good game and all, but so is Mario Kart. And I wouldn't have liked it if Nintendo made Super Mario Kart but not Super Mario World.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Does anyone know if Return to Dream Land might receive a second print run? It's so expensive...

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

I figured. :( I only ask because it seems like Calling recently got one. That game used to go for $70 used and now it's $20 new. (Been waiting ages to pick that one up!)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 03, 2015, 01:07:50 AM
Does anyone know if Return to Dream Land might receive a second print run? It's so expensive...
Might as well just wait for it to show up on the Wii U eshop now. It was listed as one of the upcoming games.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2015, 12:28:22 PM
Might as well just wait for it to show up on the Wii U eshop now. It was listed as one of the upcoming games.
I didn't know! That's cool. I do have a thing about owning discs when possible, but I guess if it doesn't drop to a reasonable price by the time it hits the eShop, I'll just grab the download.

talonmalon333

Do touch controlled Kirby games play better than, say, touch controlled Zelda games?

Nel_Annette

I'd say yes, but really only because you're using the stylus to do less. In a game like Canvas Curse, you're really only drawing lines for Kirby to follow, and Mass Attack is just a lot of tapping. Whereas in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, Link has so many actions to make, all controlled by the stylus, so it can be a bit unreliable at times if you're trying to do certain things quickly.

talonmalon333

While playing Squeak Squad, it hit me that, of the mainline Kirby games I've played, my least favorite after Epic Yarn might actually be the original Kirby's Dream Land.

Spark Of Spirit

Return to Dreamland, Kirby 64, and Squeak Squad are headed to the VC this week.

Missing any? Here's your chance!