Beat 'Em Ups

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 28, 2010, 05:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Foggle

I always love reading articles about terrible video games. :joy: Nice job!

And before I even read your section on it, I was already thinking THEY MADE A VIDEO GAME OFF OF COOL WORLD?!? :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

If you guys are looking for good beat em ups, you should totally play all of the ones in his best list. There's a lot of gold in there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2011, 12:48:59 PM

And before I even read your section on it, I was already thinking THEY MADE A VIDEO GAME OFF OF COOL WORLD?!? :lol:
Its about as unplayable as any old vhs of that movie!

gunswordfist

I've been meaning to get Shadow Force and Streets Of Rage remake
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Sketch

Quote from: Desensitized on December 28, 2010, 06:05:42 PM
SNES, arcade, or DLC remake?

I always thought if TMNT3 got a remake in the Turtles In Time engine, it would easily be one of the best beat em ups ever.

That would be freak'n amazing. Especially if it had 4 player local and online.

gunswordfist

My sig has made me think that a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game with playable Master Splinter and Casey Jones with 6 player co-op a la X-Men Arcade would be hot damn good. Let Casey have multiple sports equipment and the ability to switch them with the press of a button right off the bat (Yeah, I went there :sly: ) and a knockback move strong enough to send a teenage sized turtle flying and I am never switching characters. Hell, games for that matter. A Turtles Forever angle would also be perfect. Fuck, I need to make this game myself

Spark Of Spirit

Good luck with that. Ubisoft has yet to make more than one quality game with the license or more than one game that isn't just crap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 29, 2011, 11:00:43 PM
Good luck with that. Ubisoft has yet to make more than one quality game with the license or more than one game that isn't just crap.
I forgot to say, I want Treasure to make it

Spark Of Spirit

Hey Lord Dalek, what are your thoughts on this?

I'm personally intrigued how this might go.

gunswordfist

I can't wait to download the Streets Of Rage remake.

gunswordfist

I download a fan translated version of Streets Of Rage 3 and just beat the first level. They censored the hell out of that game. It was funny seeing Skate tell Shiva "Come back here, you bastard." :D And of course the plot is completely different as advertised and the game is much easier. (Yeah, only one man with a gun)

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Desensitized on September 07, 2011, 02:40:39 PM

Even though they're using the RCR style Kunio instead of Renegade version, it'd take a lot to make me happy. That game just sucks soooo much.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Dalek on January 02, 2012, 08:52:50 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on September 07, 2011, 02:40:39 PM

Even though they're using the RCR style Kunio instead of Renegade version, it'd take a lot to make me happy. That game just sucks soooo much.
Now there's footage of the demo out there

It looks like they took Renegade and put it in the RCR engine. Here's hoping the final product shows well, I'd love to be able to play a good version of Renegade.

Lord Dalek

Remember when I said Battletoads is a case study in torture?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pERNUuCRdJ8&feature=related - this goes on for four hours people.  :shakeshakeshake: