Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Nameless on April 22, 2016, 07:24:26 PM
http://cartoonnetwork.tumblr.com/post/143238584345/steven-may-get-cray

The light might be coming sooner than we thought!

Whoa, AWESOME!!! :D

Thank goodness its going to be sooner than they said, five months was just way too long.

EDIT: Found more info, its May 12, their starting with TWO episodes, and its a four week event!

Peanutbutter

Today the hiatus finally ends!

Can't wait to see the conclusion to the Cluster arc, and the return of Malachite. Both are huge things that have had a ton of buildup. Season 3 is going to be amazing I can already feel.

Nameless

I felt like they resolved all of this a bit quickly, unless this isn't really the end.

The Cluster was more terrifying than I imagined, though.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Nameless on May 13, 2016, 03:21:39 PM
I felt like they resolved all of this a bit quickly, unless this isn't really the end.

The Cluster was more terrifying than I imagined, though.

It wasn't. Jasper will likely be back soon. Plus there's Yellow Diamond sending a probe after Peridot in a preview. There's likely a lot more plot driven stuff to come.

I really thought both parts were great. I'll say more later when the timing is better, my family just got a new car.

Pharass

This was a great way to begin the new season, I'm very interested in finding out what will happen next.
However, while the way Steven dealt with the cluster was in character for him and what I would expect from the show, I personally would prefer it if Yellow Diamond do not end up being swayed by our hero's goodness. I'd like Y.D. to be the kind of villain that is so set in her ways that she would rather destroy herself than face the possibility that her point-of-view could be wrong. There's something I find tragic about that kind of villain, perhaps even more-so than the villain who is capable of redemption.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Peanutbutter

I pretty sure Yellow Diamond will not be redeemed. This isn't My Little Pony, of which I mean the original series as Friendship is Magic has plenty of villains who stayed evil. Besides that there's been significant dialogue foreshadowing there being some Gems who aren't willing to accept any help.

Peanutbutter

Really loved this episode! I don't what it is, but while all the episodes of SU range from good to awesome there's something about each Ruby and Sapphire episode that stand out as the best in the series. Even if Ruby were a boy, their relationship would still be adorably fun. But its great how this show handles a same-sex couple. And no, I don't buy the Gems being "sexless". I think the staff state that to protect the show from possible censorship.

Anyway, aside from that Lapis has already started coming into her own role in the team. If this episode was any indication, she'll be the sarcastic indifferent one. Her line delivery on "This plan sucks!" was great. As stated already, the inflections in her voice gave away she was actually looking forward to seeing how baseball worked. My other favorite lines were Steven's "What did I JUST say?!" whisper, and Amethyst's "And here's some backup for your backup!"

A lot of hilarious expressions and moments in this episode. Of course, I've always loved baseball so that helped too. :D Can't wait until Tiger Philanthropist airs as this episode reminded me of the other sports episode, which was my personal favorite episode of the series. Shame it won't be until near the end of the season though....

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Good to see the show return to a regular schedule, if only for a little while.

Peanutbutter

And we're back baby!!!

Avaitor

Two episodes aired tonight, right?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Yes. "Steven Floats" and "Drop Beat Dad" aired today.

Dr. Insomniac

Both episodes kind of floundered for me, primarily because I'm just so bored by Beach City episodes and don't like any of the supporting cast there. It just feels like for every one great episode, there's four bland to bad episodes.

Also, did they pitch up Steven's voice? He sounded off, a little screechy. I know the actor's in puberty, but I don't remember them pitching up Finn's voice for Adventure Time.

Peanutbutter

Steven Floats - Thanks to the hiatuses, being at the Barn has felt a lot longer than how the Steven and the Gems must feel. Steven gains the new power of floating. Nice to finally have someone onscreen address how Steven's powers work, and by Steven himself. Also good to have Sadie back, and Pearl back to full on Mother Mode. Steven's banter with Amethyst was funny. I agree that it really felt like they went back to the basics for this episode. Not that what we got was bad (it wasn't), but its good we're going back to the slice-of-life episodes for a while after non-stop plot for a while before.

Drop Beat Dad - I called it on Marty being back! Cool that we got a Sour Cream episode. Seeing things get settled between him and Yellowtail was a long time coming. Marty proved to be a snake as always. Now that he's made another appearance, I won't be surprised if we don't start seeing him even more often soon. I have a feeling he might end up being the show's major human villain. Vidalia's cameo was adorable.

Can't wait to see what happens, now that Greg is a millionaire. This week alone is going to be awesome!

Peanutbutter

I liked today's episode. "Mr. Greg" is the start of Greg's new rich life. I love that he didn't go back to being poor at the end, just spending a bit more than he realized at the motel. It's been a long while since we've heard Pearl sing, and what a long wait it was because probably her most beautiful song yet! All the beats and animation of her dance steps with Steven and Greg were amazing work. The storyboarders never mess around. I'm glad they finally directly addressed Pearl's tension with Greg. We've seen her resolve some of her insecurity with Garnet and even Steven before, now it was Greg's turn.

Speaking of tension, dang! Really was fooled there for a moment into thinking they were actually going to kiss, which I wouldn't have minded too much but its fine they didn't. Wouldn't surprise me if this isn't the start of Pearl getting close with Greg though. Back in the early episodes, and even in "Chille Tid" it was hinted that Greg's been crushing on Pearl since Rose's death. Still wouldn't be surprised if that isn't canon since it would give another reason besides Rose for the rift between them. It will definitely be interesting to see how Steven's dad and foster mom interact from now on.

Thanks to today's episode I've come to the realization that I am a Greg x Pearl shipper. :D