E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Apparently the triple E expo has been been pretty cool this year. Sadly, I am sick, and have slept and/or vomited through most of it. What cool stuff have y'all seen? Any games you excited for?

Spark Of Spirit

I thought it started tomorrow?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Apparently Drake is there. Or was.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I hope you feel better soon, Fog. ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Apparently there's been some Microsoft stuff today. Plus, Insomniac revealed a new game which is apparently "totally rad". Then there was EA's conference with Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 4. UbiSoft is later or so I hear.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2013, 04:52:51 PM
Thanks mate. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Go have a nap. If anything cool is announced we'll post it here.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Apparently EA announced a new Star Wars Battlefront, and have been surprisingly good this year, in terms of announcements.

I was excited for Killer Instinct 3 at first, but now that I know about the developer, and that it looks more like Street Fighter IV than MK9, I'm not so sure anymore.

Ryse looked good at first, but then the combat kicked in, and it just looks like Gears of War with an Ancient Rome skin slapped on it. Titan Fall looks generic as well, it's just CoD with a Mech gimmick slapped on it. Such a waste. And what's worse is that if this is successful, we'll just be seeing more Mecha games that rip off CoD instead of more Armored Core/Zone of Enders-style mech games.

Sunset Overdrive looked okay.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 04:47:37 PM

Nintendo's conference is tommorow. The Microsoft/Ubisoft/EA conferences were today.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 04:47:37 PM

Nintendo's conference is tommorow. The Microsoft/Ubisoft/EA conferences were today.
No, I mean traditionally the show opens on a Tuesday. I was unaware that it changed this year.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2013, 04:54:22 PM
Apparently there's been some Microsoft stuff today. Plus, Insomniac revealed a new game which is apparently "totally rad". Then there was EA's conference with Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 4. UbiSoft is later or so I hear.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2013, 04:52:51 PM
Thanks mate. :joy:
You're welcome and Microsoft can go to Hell.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 04:55:48 PM
So basically just go to sleep because nothing cool will be announced?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Killer Instinct looks nothing like Killer Instinct. That announcer is.... awful.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2013, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 04:55:48 PM
So basically just go to sleep because nothing cool will be announced?
lol

I think it would be better to wake up healthy and come to the news instead of forcing through it while he feels miserable.

talonmalon333

Not that interested in E3 this year. I'll probably just catch news on it after they've been announced.

Spark Of Spirit

Arkham Origins Gameplay reveal trailer

It looks like there might be some interesting tactics this time around. I'll keep an eye out.

Spark Of Spirit

Sunset Overdrive looked interesting until I saw it was just a multiplayer shooter and XBone exclusive. MS is really pulling for exclusives here but... I'm not really digging any of them.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 05:08:54 PM
Killer Instinct looks nothing like Killer Instinct. That announcer is.... awful.

The announcer sounds the same to me, but I'm not too keen on the art-style. Jago's new design is especially awful, Glacius and Sabrewulf look decent enough, but Jago just doesn't look right at all.

I'm not liking the SFIV-style graphics either, or the fact that it plays like SFIV. I was expecting something more MK9-like.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 05:19:43 PM
Sunset Overdrive looked interesting until I saw it was just a multiplayer shooter and XBone exclusive. MS is really pulling for exclusives here but... I'm not really digging any of them.

I'm pretty sure there'll be at least some Platforming in there, otherwise there wouldn't be all that parkour stuff at the beginning.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 05:33:51 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 05:08:54 PM

The announcer sounds the same to me, but I'm not too keen on the art-style. Jago's new design is especially awful, Glacius and Sabrewulf look decent enough, but Jago just doesn't look right at all.

I'm not liking the SFIV-style graphics either, or the fact that it plays like SFIV. I was expecting something more MK9-like.
It's being made by Double Helix. I would expect it to play sub-Mortal Kombat 4.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

I'm pretty sure there'll be at least some Platforming in there, otherwise there wouldn't be all that parkour stuff at the beginning.
It reminds me of Devil's Third with a cartoony atmosphere, actually. (What's going on with that game, anyway?) I guess the Resistance team has to do something to keep busy but I've never really been a fan of their stuff.