E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 05:33:51 PM
I'm not liking the SFIV-style graphics either, or the fact that it plays like SFIV. I was expecting something more MK9-like.

Personally I enjoy SFIV's combat and found MK9's combat to feel godawfully sluggish and boring (I've always hated MK's combat, though), so I probably wouldn't have a problem with KI's gameplay. That said, from what I've seen of it, I can't really agree that I get a Street Fighter vibe from it. It doesn't look anywhere near as smooth, to me, but maybe I'd need to try playing it first, which will probably never happen, though.

gunswordfist

Itagaki said they are hard at work on Devil's Third and expect to surprise people BUT he said they won't be ready for  E3
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 10, 2013, 06:00:27 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 05:33:51 PM
I'm not liking the SFIV-style graphics either, or the fact that it plays like SFIV. I was expecting something more MK9-like.

Personally I enjoy SFIV's combat and found MK9's combat to feel godawfully sluggish and boring (I've always hated MK's combat, though), so I probably wouldn't have a problem with KI's gameplay. That said, from what I've seen of it, I can't really agree that I get a Street Fighter vibe from it. It doesn't look anywhere near as smooth, to me, but maybe I'd need to try playing it first, which will probably never happen, though.
You completely missed the point

Foggle

I saw a couple minutes of that Killer Instinct game earlier. Seriously thought I was watching SF5 footage.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2013, 05:19:43 PM
Sunset Overdrive looked interesting until I saw it was just a multiplayer shooter and XBone exclusive. MS is really pulling for exclusives here but... I'm not really digging any of them.
Goddamn it. Insomniac should just stop trying to make multiplayer games. They excel at single-player, but their MP stuff is always average. :(

Foggle

So apparently the Xbone is going to cost $500.

Unless Sony learned nothing from the PS3's launch, they've already won.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2013, 07:11:11 PM
So apparently the Xbone is going to cost $500.

Unless Sony learned nothing from the PS3's launch, they've already won.
The rumor is three SKUs at $399, $499, and........................... $599.

I'm not making that up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2013, 06:05:04 PM
You completely missed the point

No I didn't. I know that KI is supposed to be more like a Mortal Kombat knock-off. I was just saying that I don't like MK in the first place. And I also think all you guys are nuts. I just don't see how the actual gameplay itself looks all that much like Street Fighter.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 10, 2013, 07:27:59 PM
And I also think all you guys are nuts. I just don't see how the actual gameplay itself looks all that much like Street Fighter.
Well, I only watched like two minutes of footage, and I don't exactly know (or care about) the ins and outs of Street Fighter. It just seemed very reminiscent of SF4 to me.

gunswordfist

Both of you are idiots.

Spark Of Spirit

The beefy character models probably gives that impression. But since it's by Double Helix I doubt it will play anything like it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Sony just revealed some PS4 games. Out of all of them, Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, and Knack got my attention. Final Fantasy Versus XIII also became a PS4 title, and it looks hella good, too bad it'll take another decade to come out.

And Squeenix hasfinally begun development on Kingdom Hearts III.

Rynnec

And now Sony has confirmed that the PS4 will support used games, nor does it require an internet connection. Cue the crowd going wild.

Spark Of Spirit

Knack actually does look pretty good though Infamous still isn't my bag. Oh wait, is Knack on the Vita? If it is, I may pick it up one day.

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 09:29:00 PMFinal Fantasy Versus XIII also became a PS4 title
People bought PS3s for this.

Ouch.

gunswordfist

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I missed Ubisoft and EA's conferences, but I thought Sony and Microsoft had some solid outings.

I'm a little more optimistic for Killer Instinct because I believe none of these parties would have brought it back if they weren't absolutely sure of what they were doing. I don't mind the SFIV meets MK9 look either since the original was essentially a hybrid of SFII Turbo and Mortal Kombat 2.

I do find it amusing how everyone spent the last generation bashing Sony and now because they spent a whole conference maing jokes at Microsoft's expense everyone is sucking their dicks.