E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on June 11, 2013, 12:37:20 AM
Also, people shouldn't get too excited for Killer Instinct. It's being made by Double Helix. The guys that made Silent Hill: Homecoming. :whuh:
Worse still, they made Battleship (the FPS) and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Killer Instinct is going to be worse than Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game.

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 11, 2013, 12:55:14 AM
That doesn't make it less stupid. Especially when considering the PS4's claims of being supperior are dubious at best.
PS3 had shit BC that barely worked, which is why they dumped the PS2 portion of it. Its PS1 BC was awful as well for many games. At least they aren't bloating the price with a feature that won't even function as intended.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 10, 2013, 11:27:19 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 10, 2013, 11:17:48 PM
So yeah the PS4 is basically the PS3 with a 4 slapped on it and it can't play PS3 games because you know... WE GOTTA HAS THE MONIES!

And yet: "OMG GUYZ LUUK AT DAT PWOCESSSOR PAWWER!" - Shawn Hopkins

Ugh, I just saw the post he directed at you. I can't stand his smugness.
Now, you too. Better watch out, or else the cheese police will give you a fine for being "petty".

So since I'm not really up on video games, this entire week just feels bizarre and amusing to me. Like the World Cup for people who don't know what soccer is.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 12:55:43 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 11, 2013, 12:47:57 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 11, 2013, 12:18:27 AM
So I hear Sony was awesome. Fact or fiction?
Well outside of the pricetag and Sony trolling Microsoft, the actual console looks to be a steaming load of hot air. It's basically the 32X to the PS3's Genesis for better or worse.
The PS4 already has more than one noteworthy exclusive for it though. :P
Thanks for killing that. I could care less about PS4 not having some extra gimmicks. The games and added power will be just fine.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Getting caught up with E3 stuff since I missed out due to work, but for the most part, outside of MGS5 I saw no reason I should buy that thing and even then MGS5 will be for the PS3 along with the PS4 so yeah.

I was never a big supporter of the Killer Instinct franchise so obviously, I'm not wowed. I do see where the comparison to Street Fighter 4 comes from, but if you don't know already SSF4 is my game. :) I talk about that moreso than anything else out.

Sony, sony, sony. Considering what I've seen with the price point, and to hear that you support used games with none of that always on crap, you've won me over, although, I think that was pretty much decided since Microsoft unveiled the Xbone, but even then I've always been a supporter for Sony even though I was always late to the party.

Kingdom Hearts 3. Not a fan of the franchise but even I have to say it's about damn time. I mean I've gotten to the point I was tired of hearing people talk about a KH3, and now that it's finally in development I'm even thinking I might want to get it.

Final Fantasy Versus 13 or whatever. As much as I used to want this game I just grew tired of waiting. They could've just said they were putting it off for next gen instead of beating around the bush to say something now. They're gonna have to show me something amazing to get me interested in this game again.

Outside of Halo I'm not really into shooters these days, let alone FPS, but Destiny really impressed me. Both graphically and throw its gameplay (although it looks just like any other shooter). My thing is if it's not a military shooter there's a better chance of me checking it out. Destiny, despite being made by Bungie look along the lines of Halo and perhaps a hint of Mass Effect. I hope you can actually customize in this game (Customize as it customize everything).

So far the must haves for me are MGS5, Batman: AO, AC4, and Destiny

I'm waiting for Capcom since they said they had a surprise at E3.

Rynnec

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

QuoteKiller Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

The game's not even out yet, and they've already dropped the ball.

Quote from: GraveI'm waiting for Capcom since they said they had a surprise at E3.

I'm hearing rumours that it's a new versus game.

GaryPotter

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 10, 2013, 11:17:48 PM
So yeah the PS4 is basically the PS3 with a 4 slapped on it and it can't play PS3 games because you know... WE GOTTA HAS THE MONIES!

And yet: "OMG GUYZ LUUK AT DAT PWOCESSSOR PAWWER!" - Shawn Hopkins

Haha. Figures old Hoppy would start beating his meat over the HI-TECHNICAAAAAAAL. God he's such a douche.

I agree that Sony didn't really do anything besides keep things as they are. That will probably be enough to beat MS, but who knows.

I'm an old geezer anyway, so my time keeping up with video games is rapidly coming to an end. I don't think I'll get anything from this gen.

Commode

I'm getting a Wii U eventually, but that's it.  I would say I'd just float by on my 3DS, but 2014 is supposed to be a rather slow year for it as Nintendo tries to focus on the U.  Sony and Microsoft just bore me now, there's nothing interesting about either console. 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Rosalinas Spare Wand

You had one job Microsoft.

The Shadow Gentleman

Honestly I don't really care about a lot of this stuff, but I did find a neat summery of the Xbox One at E3.

I really need to get a PC for gaming.

Spark Of Spirit

They made a new DKC game and put in Dixie Kong!

:joy:

I think all the games look excellent visually, honestly. The supposed graphical bump in PS4/XBone really makes little to no difference to me.

MEGA MAN IS IN SMASH BROS!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

MEGA MAN IS IN SMASH BROS!

CLASSIC MEGA MAN IN IN SMASH BROS.

Bring back Sonic and we're good now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

They'd have to be crazy not to bring back Sonic.

Avaitor

It sounds like Nintendo's already winning, then.

But hey, after the X-Box One, there was nowhere but up for Sony to go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/