E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Brawl was originally revealed after it was in development for half a year, though.

These have been in development for over two and next year (when it comes out) makes three. I think they'll be out by next holiday.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 12:34:03 PM
Brawl was originally revealed after it was in development for half a year, though.

These have been in development for over two and next year (when it comes out) makes three. I think they'll be out by next holiday.

I know. I was just trolling.

As for Nintendo's show as a whole, I have mixed opinions.

Grave

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 04:49:01 AM
Quote from: GraveI'm waiting for Capcom since they said they had a surprise at E3.

I'm hearing rumours that it's a new versus game.

I'm hoping it's CVS3 or something new, because at the moment I don't want another MvC game (I'm still salty about mashing crouching light attacks being a viable means of defense). The only way I'll take another MvC game is it Gambit, Venom, and Cyclops are in it. I missed out on the previous CvS games, and I heard CvS2 was great, perhaps the greatest. I'd say give me CvS3 and use HD from KoF13 and use SSF4's gameplay (lighten up on the tight links) and you might have a masterpiece in the making.

Edit:

Then again, from what I've seen of CvS2 (looks a bit alpha-ish) I'd be happy with those mechanics as well, although I really like the concept of dash canceling.

Spark Of Spirit

DAVID WISE IS DOING THE MUSIC FOR DKC.

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.  :lol:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

To be honest, I just can't get over the reveal of Super Mario 3D World. I mean, sure, I'm glad that they are bringing back the cast of SMB2 with all their abilities. This is something I've wanted to see for years. But other than that... dammit. It just looks like New Super Mario Bros. Wii all over again. Some new additions, but overall just a glorified version of a handheld game. And after Super Mario Galaxy...

As I've made clear in the past, I consider Galaxy and its sequel to be quite possibly the best games I've ever played. Just... everything about those games is so incredibly perfect. And I didn't look to the next 3D Mario game telling myself it had to be better than Galaxy. Heck, I didn't even really expect it to be as good. But based on first impressions, this just looks like the biggest step backwards. I imagine it won't even have a colorful hub.

Of course, I might be overreacting way too soon. But this is just the first impression I got, because Nintendo did not do a good job with making a first impression out of the successor to Galaxy actually no, I can't even call it that yet. This looks like as much of a successor to Galaxy as New Super Mario Bros. Wii was.

Spark Of Spirit

Watch the HD footage of Mario. It looks a lot better.

Honestly though, after seeing Mario Kart 8... I don't think Nintendo games can ever look better graphically. That seems like the ceiling.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:07:02 PM

That isn't the footage shown in the conference?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on June 11, 2013, 12:52:25 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 04:49:01 AM
Quote from: GraveI'm waiting for Capcom since they said they had a surprise at E3.

I'm hearing rumours that it's a new versus game.

I'm hoping it's CVS3 or something new, because at the moment I don't want another MvC game (I'm still salty about mashing crouching light attacks being a viable means of defense). The only way I'll take another MvC game is it Gambit, Venom, and Cyclops are in it. I missed out on the previous CvS games, and I heard CvS2 was great, perhaps the greatest. I'd say give me CvS3 and use HD from KoF13 and use SSF4's gameplay (lighten up on the tight links) and you might have a masterpiece in the making.

Edit:

Then again, from what I've seen of CvS2 (looks a bit alpha-ish) I'd be happy with those mechanics as well, although I really like the concept of dash canceling.
The second they didn't put Ken in MVC3 is the second I stopped caring about the franchise
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 11, 2013, 01:11:51 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:07:02 PM

That isn't the footage shown in the conference?
I'm watching footage on GTTV right now and it looks really crisp and sharp.

Also if you want a Galaxy style game the new Sonic one should scratch that itch.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 12:56:47 PM
DAVID WISE IS DOING THE MUSIC FOR DKC.

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.  :lol:
I was totally not expecting this. So far they have been listening to the fans quite a bit on this title, but I really hope for Diddy and Dixie to be available in 1P mode.

talonmalon333

Spark, were you referring to this HD footage of 3D World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwjcfgTksU

Honestly, that revealing trailer is nothing compared to this game's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO10_IbDUBU

Watching those two trailers back to back was almost hard to sit through. The platforming in Galaxy just looks more fabulous. Then there's the matter of the aesthetics. Galaxy has got those amazing looking worlds with that gorgeous space motif. 3D World just has the same aesthetics as New Super Mario Bros. and Mario 3D Land, charming but a little bland. Galaxy just looks so much better. Even the music is just incomparable. If this game just recycles music from 3D Land, after the great soundtrack of the Galaxy games, then I won't know what to say.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:28:52 PM
was totally not expecting this. So far they have been listening to the fans quite a bit on this title, but I really hope for Diddy and Dixie to be available in 1P mode.

That's pretty cool. Glad to hear that. DKC was the other game that kind of underwhelmed me this E3, but I'm glad they are getting him back.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:20:24 PM

Also if you want a Galaxy style game the new Sonic one should scratch that itch.

3D Sonic does nothing for me. And my disappointment in the new Mario is due to not getting a new big, ambitious Mario game, not just Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Rynnec

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 09:29:00 PM
Sony just revealed some PS4 games. Out of all of them, Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, and Knack got my attention. Final Fantasy Versus XIII also became a PS4 title, and it looks hella good, too bad it'll take another decade to come out.

And Squeenix hasfinally begun development on Kingdom Hearts III.

Updating this a bit, as I hadn't noticed that Versus XIII has now become FFXV.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 11, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
3D Sonic does nothing for me. And my disappointment in the new Mario is due to not getting a new big, ambitious Mario game, not just Super Mario Galaxy 3.

I'm not sure what they could've done with a Galaxy 3 that would be able to top 2, tbh.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 09:29:00 PM
Sony just revealed some PS4 games. Out of all of them, Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, and Knack got my attention. Final Fantasy Versus XIII also became a PS4 title, and it looks hella good, too bad it'll take another decade to come out.

And Squeenix hasfinally begun development on Kingdom Hearts III.

Updating this a bit, as I hadn't noticed that Versus XIII has now become FFXV.

I'm not sure what they could've done with a Galaxy 3 that would be able to top 2, tbh.

That's exactly what I said. I was looking forward to a brand new Mario game equally as grand and ambitious as Galaxy, not just Super Mario Galaxy 3 (the new Sonic game just looks like Super Sonic Galaxy). Course, 3D World looks like neither.

Spark Of Spirit

Smash Bros. screens are out and I think 3DS looks better than Melee and possibly even Brawl. Mega Man is also in both which is making me think that the roster between the two will be the same.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:28:52 PM
was totally not expecting this. So far they have been listening to the fans quite a bit on this title, but I really hope for Diddy and Dixie to be available in 1P mode.

That's pretty cool. Glad to hear that. DKC was the other game that kind of underwhelmed me this E3, but I'm glad they are getting him back.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 01:20:24 PM

Sonic Lost World is basically Super Mario Galaxy 3 with a Sonic bent.

This is basically a sequel to Super Mario 3D Land, only it looks way better. I also love the return of 2D art.