Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Have I mentioned how much I love this song yet? Seems like I should have by now, but I digress.

Thousand Year Door had the best of EVERYTHING, including music. Love this game.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Kiddington on November 14, 2011, 04:20:43 PM
Have I mentioned how much I love this song yet? Seems like I should have by now, but I digress.

Thousand Year Door had the best of EVERYTHING, including music. Love this game.

Yeah, TTYD was pure win. I'm thinking Rawk Hawk's theme was the best though. I adore all the Glitzville music actually.

Kiddington

EARSEX

Never heard a Song of Storms remake I didn't like, but this is probably my new favorite. Can't believe I wasn't aware of this one until now; pretty sweet, I must say.

Foggle

My top 5 video game songs of the year:

Sonic Generations - Stardust Speedway (JP) (Bad Future Remix)
Absolutely makes the boss fight it's used during. Great track.

Catherine - It's A Golden Show
Everything from 0:57 on is pure ear sex.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - UNATCO Theme (DXHR Version)
The best song from the first game remade by the excellent composer of the third. Brilliant.

Yakuza 4 - Theme of Saigoh
Fucking badass.

Saints Row: The Third - Push Play (Sixx John)
I count this because it was originally recorded for SRTT. Really chill and fun to listen to.

Spark Of Spirit

My list would be full of Sonic Generations tracks, but you did pick some really great ones. If rereleases count, then Sonic CD has TWO pretty cool soundtracks included so I'd have to pick my top 5 from that.

Palmtree Panic - Present (JP)

Also in Generations, you gotta love this first level tune that explodes out of your speakers. While most debate over both soundtracks, there can't be anyone who dislikes this, right?

Wacky Workbench - Present (US)

Blowing away the JP version, this funky tune makes a tedious level far more bearable. The fact that some people abhor this tune confuses me, this tune is pure Sonic to me.

Quartz Quadrant - Past (Both)

I believe Lord Dalek already brought this one up before, but I LOVE going to the past and staying there in QQ because this tune is so good. Like some crazy mix of Marble Zone, Starlight Zone, and Palmtree Panic, this tune is basically where tracks like Planet Wisp from Colors came from. Keep this style alive, Sega!

Tidal Tempest - Everything (Both)

After Hydrocity, this is my favorite water level tune in the classic games. The JP version is more atmospheric, but the US version has more of a bouncy flair to it. The past is incredible, and the futures are also phenomenal. Easily the highlight of the game music-wise.

Metallic Madness - Good Future (JP)

Almost like an ending theme, this is really the only track from this zone that I absolutely love and it's pretty close to perfection. Honestly, this should have been the credits tune.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on December 17, 2011, 02:04:30 PM
Wacky Workbench - Present (US)

Blowing away the JP version, this funky tune makes a tedious level far more bearable. The fact that some people abhor this tune confuses me, this tune is pure Sonic to me.
I cannot be friends with anyone who dislikes this song.

Palmtree Panic is amazing. Perfect way to kick-start a video game.

Quartz Quadrant is awesome. Reminds me of SMT music.

Tidal Tempest is also good stuff. The US version reminds me of Mushroom Hill, kinda.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's some Mario Kart goodness. My top 5 Mario Kart tunes:

Mario Circuit (SNES)
Waluigi Pinball (DS)
Wario Colosseum (Gamecube)
Coconut Mall (Wii)
Luigi Circuit (Gamecube)

Part of the reason I like to race on most of those courses is the awesome music that plays on them. And Waluigi Pinball is the best thing Waluigi related by far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just discovered a new love in Rocket Knight Adventures stage 2, and it sounds like this. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

That's one of the best tunes in the game. The game's soundtrack is brilliant despite the lack of Lakeside.

Spark Of Spirit

Check out the OST for Mutant Mudds for the 3DS e-shop (out tomorrow!), it's surprisingly awesome.

It sounds like a Game Boy soundtrack without trying to sound like a Game Boy game, if you know what I mean. That's a hard thing to accomplish. Check out the V-Land theme especially.

Pumped for this tomorrow.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My favorite theme from the SNES Power Rangers Game.

I also have to give props to the Boss Theme for being all kinds of kick-ass.

Oh, and another theme that's really grown on me is the classic Sonic version of Crisis City from Sonic Generations.

And speaking of Sonic music, I was just thinking about the theme for Flying Battery Zone in Sonic and Knuckles. Its a great theme, but it also stands out because it really has a very Mega Man-esque vibe to it. Am I the only who got that kind of feeling out of that stage's music? I just felt like bringing it up to see if anyone else thought the same about that.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 28, 2012, 03:14:35 PM
And speaking of Sonic music, I was just thinking about the theme for Flying Battery Zone in Sonic and Knuckles. Its a great theme, but it also stands out because it really has a very Mega Man-esque vibe to it. Am I the only who got that kind of feeling out of that stage's music? I just felt like bringing it up to see if anyone else thought the same about that.
It absolutely does. One of the many reasons why I love it. ;)

Rosalinas Spare Wand

This track from Muramasa frequently pops up in the game. Its a very ambient theme that really brings out the setting of the game. It's as breathtaking as the games visuals.
This one from MvC2 really captures the feel of the game. It's very funky and upbeat. That particular stage is also my favorite just for how flamboyant it is.
This one from Pikmin 2 gives me all kinds of feelings. It feels mysterious, soothing and nostalgic at the same time. It also happened to be stuck to some of the hardest dungeons in the game.
This one from Corpse Party reminded me of a certain other horror series. The beginning did at least. No janitor with a wig and latex mask ever shows up though.
Finally, this one from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game is a great blend of the title theme with a video game soundfont. Reminds me of the Mega Man X soundtrack.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, the SNES Power Rangers games had awesome soundtracks, this one is my favorite one from those games. Bandai can really work their magic on single plane beat em up/platformers every now and then.