Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's a predictable pick, but this one always gets stuck in my head when I play.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

That's always my go-to track in Hero as well. I agree that as far as single player goes Hero was the best.

I actually never played The Second Attack but I also don't even remember really knowing it existed. I had never seen it in the store. Was it a limited release or something? I want to say that as far as N64 games go The Second Attack is fairly rare.

Rynnec

It really is actually (Tips & Tricks put it in their "Top 10 rarest N64 games" list). Not sure if it was really a limited release. I had the chance to get it, but passed it up for no reason because I was a stupid, dumbass kid. Me and my cousing did rent it a lot a Blockbuster though.

Spark Of Spirit

It's rare? Crud, maybe I should have got it when I saw it for $20 at the retro shop. I just assumed it was common.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

You actually missed a really good deal. According to Amazon, the cheapest available copy right now, at least there, is roughly $40.

IIRC, I've never seen it at any of the retro stores here either, so it must be pretty rare.

Rynnec

I've been waiting for the retro stores in my area to stock one for 7 years. It's definitely rare.

Spark Of Spirit

That would have been perfect for a VC title, then!  >:(

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 01, 2012, 12:42:28 AM
That would have been perfect for a VC title, then!  >:(

Too many things are perfect for VC love.

I mean, all this time later, and we still haven't gotten Yoshi's Island ported over. I know it was given a GBA remake and all, but still.

Eddy

There's no excuse for the VC not having Yoshi's Island yet. People can speculate it's because of the FX Chip if they want but the fact is Homebrew can run the game without any issues.

Foggle

Even though I own SMB 3 on the VC, I find myself playing the GBA remake via Homebrew far more often. I much prefer the updated graphics. :SHOCK:

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I didn't even know The Second Attack even existed until years after it came out. Never saw advertising for it, never saw it in stores. I do have the old issue of Nintendo Power that focused on it, so apparently I completely missed that. Always did love Hero's gameplay the most, but my favorite character designs were from 64 with the whole sleek, miniature robot look all the bad guys had. Wish they had kept making characters similar to those. I think the closest we ever got was Max? Once Bomberman started getting that anime look in the Gamecube era, I stopped paying attention entirely.

And then I remembered this was a music topic. Sorry.

gunswordfist

I didn't even know about Hero until whatshisname said something.

I barely played any of 64. I played a small bit of the single player on a rom and maybe a small bit back on my old friend's 64 when I was a kid. I do remember somewhat remember how greatly designed the multiplayer stages were. I've played a PS1 Bomberman I had and loved to death and my oldest little brother gave me a controller with a arcade pack disk with Bomberman Live and I played the demo to its sequel and they all feel so uninspired compared to 64's multiplayer. I still love the two BM games I owned and it's Bomberman so it would be just as playable on a Gameboy but I wish they would make the multiplayer that good again.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2012, 12:54:14 AM
Even though I own SMB 3 on the VC, I find myself playing the GBA remake via Homebrew far more often. I much prefer the updated graphics. :SHOCK:

I prefer the SNES version to the GBA one.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 01, 2012, 11:23:51 AM
They're the same thing, aren't they?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 01, 2012, 11:23:51 AM
They're the same thing, aren't they?

Kinda/sorta. The GBA version added unnecessary voices, has inferior sound quality, and is overall scaled down. :P