Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I'm afraid at this point it's impossible for the current anime to keep going without filler and the way the current arc has been paced it'll easily end in less than 10 episodes. If they were to continue it with filler it would have to be a long, long stretch, like Naruto's infamous 85-episode filler hell. I'd rather the anime end now than have that, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

Maybe we'll get a third anime in 10 years that starts from the beginning and ends with the end of the dark continent arc.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

That...would actually be kinda awesome, if done well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 15, 2014, 03:41:33 PMMaybe we'll get a third anime in 10 years that starts from the beginning and ends with the end of the dark continent arc.

It's simultaneously hilarious and sad that this could actually be a conceivable possibility. It took Togashi nearly that long just to complete the a Chimera Ant arc, after all.

talonmalon333

Why does Togashi take so unbelievably long?

LumRanmaYasha

Because he can. Both YYH and HXH are two of the highest selling manga ever and he's married to the fucking creator of Sailor Moon. He basically has the financial freedom to draw the series whenever he damn pleases and take a break for however long he wants.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Togashi and Takeuchi are pretty much fucking loaded.

That, and HXH volumes always sell in the millions whenever they release, so WSJ just has no reason to get rid of it. Infrequent releases or not, it still makes them money.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 20, 2014, 12:02:05 AM
Because he can. Both YYH and HXH are two of the highest selling manga ever and he's married to the fucking creator of Sailor Moon. He basically has the financial freedom to draw the series whenever he damn pleases and take a break for however long he wants.
For some reason, this reminds me that I'm jealous of Nick Cannon.

talonmalon333

It honestly just seems like he's uninterested in it to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If he was uninterested he wouldn't bother with the series at all. I mean, after all, he is already pretty much made for life with the money that his wife pulls in from royalties and whatnot. Also, his story-telling would noticeably suffer for it and that would reflect in the manga's sales. While he has definitely had his moments of shitty writing, the story has been well above the standards of most currently running WSJ series with the last third of the Chimera Ant arc, the Chairman Election arc, and currently the Dark Continent arc. So, no, it's not a lack of interest, but rather he only continues to write when he's most interested in doing so.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 20, 2014, 01:46:09 PM
Also, his story-telling would noticeably suffer for it and that would reflect in the manga's sales

Shitty writing never hurt Kishimoto, Kubo, and Mashima.  :awesome:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac