The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 15, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2015, 11:41:57 PM
So now that I can finally play Twilight Princess... this epic adventure begins with me trying to get a cat to cross a bridge until he glitches into the water and I have to enter/exit a house to reset the level and try again. Awesome!
Told you the opening needed to be truncated.

You can't use his criticism of the opening of the game to mock it, before he corrected himself. :P

Still, the opening isn't all that great. Zelda games do a good job at building character, but this would be better if they made all that optional and gave you the ability to just jump right into the section where you have to chase the monkey into the woods. But, I really like the atmosphere of Ordon Village.

Spark Of Spirit

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword have obnoxiously long openings while A Link Between Worlds' opening is really quick. I'm really hoping Zelda Wii U continues to take inspiration from ALBW especially in this area.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

To be honest, outside of having to do the goat-herding mini-game a second time, I actually liked the opening. But the game definitely gets way better once you get the (wooden) sword.

gunswordfist

Ah, herding. That was so much fun in Red Dead Redemption. :imnothappy:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Five Secret Zelda Themes in Tri-Force Heroes! There's also Wind Waker and Link's Awakening music in there as well.

I just watched a stream of this. It definitely looks like a Four Swords sequel. Lots of multiplayer fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Crystal Chronicles challenge!

I guess this'll have to do in the absence of a proper CC Gamecube sequel.

talonmalon333

Hey Foggle, have you reached any dungeons yet?

Spark Of Spirit

I don't think he's played for 6 hours yet.

talonmalon333

I hate that you're making fun of this game, but I also hate that you're right. It takes a while to get to the first dungeon. :thinkin:

Still, Twilight Princess is phenomenal in every other way. I'd say it basically just gets better and better as it goes on.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 16, 2015, 09:26:55 AM
Hey Foggle, have you reached any dungeons yet?
Didn't get to play at all yesterday, but I think I got to the first one just before I stopped on Wednesday. Was about 3.5 hours in, I think? It's the room right after the area where the monkey and kid were captured in the prologue.

gunswordfist

My good friend Beard Blade has given me a Zelda Triforce Heroes 3DS demo code so first come, first serve in my pm box to whoever wants it. I'm sure y'all know about the times you need to play it and how it's not a single player demo and whatnot but I'll explain if you need me too.

talonmalon333

Why does Wind Waker HD have such extreme bloom? I mean, I imagine they were going for that open sea/beach vibe of making sunlight really bright, but it's really overdone.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Twilight Princess HD is real.

Wolf Link amiibo announced. Additions to the game will be announced later. Combo pack is out March 4th and the soundtrack is a preorder bonus.

A little bit of new footage of Zelda Wii U was shown, too. Not much at all, but it certainly looks really nice. And it was re-confirmed for 2016.

Foggle

Guess I shouldn't have bought that GameCube version then! :-X