Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Man, both Rynnec and RSW are crazy good at this. I came close a few times, but man, things get crazy.

A lot of hilarious self-destructs tonight, though.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I got to thank you for those matches. That guy I was fighting is my brother's friend and he's usually a very hard opponent.

But yeah, that was really fun and your Ludwig and Ness were very tricky to deal with.

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks! Those were some good matches. I still haven't figured out a way to deal with your Rosalina, not to mention Rynnec's Lucina.

Also, that dude's Wii Fit Trainer was crazy. First time I've really seen her used well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The 50 Facts Extravaganza Direct just aired. The Wii U version looks insane.

A summation for those who want the nitty gritty:

- starting roster has more characters unlocked than the 3DS version
- there will still be characters to be unlocked, but they aren't new
- 8-player battles
- 8-player battles take place on special stages, some of which being huge - this includes Big Battlefield
- The Great Cave Offensive is another giant stage based on the Kirby level
- this stage has special danger zones that can kill you instantly, as well as treasure chests and hidden goodies
- stage based on Donkey Kong Country Returns, Jungle Hijinx. Battles can take place on two different planes.
- more stages in Wii U version of the game
- Miiverse stage as well that shows Miiverse posts based on each fighter playing
- Pit and Palutena will discuss other fighters when you go to do a taunt
- Gaur Plain is included, with an appearance by Metal Face
- Ridley isn't playable, but can join a character's side when you attack him on a specific stage
- he can transform into Meta-Ridley as well. KO him to get a point.
- coin and stamina battles return
- special smash lets you change the rules to your liking, including item drop rate
- My Music section included as well
- use and change the basic menu music
- Wii U version has a lot more music
- collect in-game CDs to unlock new tunes
- you can also get songs for completing challenges
- Classic Mode progresses you based on skill, instead of having multiple paths. There are also random events. This mode is 2-player. Rewarded with a short player movie when you complete this mode.
- All-Star mode starts with newest characters and goes to old. This is two-player as well.
- Event mode has set themed battles with various paths. There are also two-player event battles.
- Smash Tour plays as a board game where you spin a wheel to move around a map. 4-player. Move around Miis and collect items. Collect fighters to use in battle as well. If you land on the same spot as another Mii, all players have to face off. Defeat someone to steal a fighter from their lineup. Power-up your fighters with items. Items are important on the game map and battles. Fighters in the last battle are enhanced with the power-ups you collected. Stock battle ends the game, but the stock is made with the fighters you collected.
- Target Blast has a bigger, more powerful second bomb. It's also heavier. There are 3 types of stages. This effects your global smash power.
- 4-player target blast where each player takes turns, multi-man is 4-player and home run contest is 2 or 4 player as well
- Special Order has master and crazy hand giving you special challenges. Master orders gives rewards based on the difficulty level. Tickets are used separately and can only be used once. Crazy orders costs gold or a ticket to enter. You get a set time limit to choose battles. Battles get harder as you go on. Finally face off against crazy hand. If you win, you keep all your rewards.
- Master Core can take a new form called Master Fortress, which only appears on higher difficulty levels
- Wiimote plus, nunchuk, gamepad, classic controller, classic controller pro, wii u pro controller, GameCUbe and 3DS are all control options. Customize buttons for all.
- bring your custom 3DS fighter over to the Wii U version
- more trophies than in the 3DS version, lots from console games. Final Smash trophies as well. Complete all-star mode to get a Final Smash trophy. New trophy boxes as well.
- photo studio lets you set up shots of your trophies and display them as you want.
- Trophy Rush is 2 player. There are 2,600 combinations.
- Masterpieces mode lets you play snippets from various characters on the roster, some with pre-installed save data. Buy the full games in the eShop
- amiibo figure players can level-up. Feed them extra equipment to help them level up. Fight against them or team up. Have amiibo fight each other as well. Amiibo fight tougher when visiting other players. They also bring presents from their battles.
- Team Smash lets you do two-player online
- allows you to host your own online tourneys
- up to 64 players can fight in a tournament. Watch replays of each battle.
- GamePad screen shows what's on TV, but also shows damage information.
- Compose screenshots on the GamePad and then 'paint' it with various options
- send photos online with a future update
- allows for online voice chat with friends. This is on menus, not battles.
- design stages with the GamePad. Share stages you've created online.
- includes all the 'join the battles' movies
- buy both versions of the game, register with club Nintendo and get special soundtrack CDs. 2-disc set.
- MewTwo is being included as a bonus fighter for those that purchase both versions of the game as a free download, Due out Spring 2015.

Long story short, this game has just about everything. Including DLC coming down the road, which means that guy who said he saw moving models of MewTwo, Ridley, Dixie, and the Chorus Kids was probably telling the truth since we know two of them actually are in the game.

There was also a cool Bowser Jr. trailer that showed the Koopalings.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is probably the most interested that I've been in wanting to try a Smash game. On the day that I finally get a Wii-U, I'll probably pick this up if I have enough money left over after buying Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Spark Of Spirit

There is a minimum of 43 stages in the game. Here's a screenshot of the stage list which is not complete:

List of stages revealed in the Direct:

1. Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8) - A stage based on Mario Kart 8 is really surprising, but it looks fun.
2. Mario Circuit (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - Eh, I don't see why they brought this back. Boring stage.
3. Luigi's Mansion (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - YES! One of the best Brawl stages!
4. Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong Country Returns) - The two different planes should really shake this one up.
5. Kongo Jungle (Super Smash Bros.) - We get one Smash 64 stage and it's this one? You know what? I'll take it. Better than nothing.
6. Bridge of Eldin (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) - Rynnec should be happy. I just hope Pirate Ship returns too.
7. Temple (Super Smash Bros. Melee) - Gasp. Shock.
8. Norfair (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - A bit of an underrated stage.
9. Port Town Aero Dive (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - Would have preferred Big Blue, but since this hasn't been a returning stage, I'll accept it.
10. A new Yoshi stage (Probably Yoshi's Woolly World) - Yes!
11. Yoshi's Island (Super Smash Bros. Melee) - I might be alone here, but I actually like this stage. Things get frantic in this one.
12. Great Cave Offensive (Kirby Super Star) - It's huge! That unique gimmick will really prevent matches from last long.
13. Lylat Cruise (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - YES! My favorite Star Fox stage! This will look incredible in HD.
14. Skyworld (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - ... Well, they can't all be winners. At least it's not Rumble Falls.
15. Smashville (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - Okay, no problem. Sort of a basic stage, but it's a good one.
16. 75m (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - Sakurai... Just... Could you have not just brought back Saffron City instead and called it a day?
17. Wrecking Crew (Wrecking Crew) - This looks awesome. Can't wait to see how the collapsing objects work.
18. Miiverse (Miiverse) - Clever stage.
19. Big Battlefield (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U) - Basic stuff here, but I do like how much room there is.
20. Delfino Plaza (Super Mash Bros. Brawl) - YES! The best Mario stage from Brawl makes a return.

Nel_Annette

Like I said in the other thread, my 3DS is derped thanks to Smash 3DS, which I was lukewarm to anyway, but this... this is the boner starter right here. I'm so glad I pre-ordered the Gamecube controller bundle weeks ago. Gonna get my soundtrack cd and Mewtwo. And everything else looks so wonderful.  :drool:

Daxdiv

Really looking forward to the Wii U version. Interesting that the Masterpieces mode is coming back. I hope it's better here than it was in Brawl. Also really looking forward to the Pit and Palutena talking about certain fighters as well, since I did get a kick out of the Brawl version with Snake. That and of course the return of Mewtwo as DLC. I can't wait to see who else they'll add down the line.

I also liked how the Direct got the Smash Bros announcer to narrate the entire thing.

Spark Of Spirit

Pokemon Stadium 2 is in the event match icons. So that's another returning stage.

There are like 13 Brawl stages so far in this making up like 1/4 of the stage roster. We really could use more originals, 64, and Melee stages now. Not that I'm really complaining, Mario Circuit and 75m aside, they picked all the best ones.

Foggle

That stage list is orgasmic.

My friend bought me Smash 3DS as a belated birthday gift and I love it! Haven't enjoyed a fighting game this much since, well, Melee.

Kiddington

good lord I'm dying

Man this looks absolutely beautiful. Still wish they could find a way to incorporate the Ice Climbers via DLC because dammit they were always one of my faves, but even so, how could I possibly complain if they don't? This game looks fucking amazing.

Spark Of Spirit

I really hope I'll be able to get 8 people together for this.

And yes, those are the original 8.

Kiddington

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I can't even

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It won't be hard for me, I have 4 siblings and a buttload of cousins and nieces/nephews.

It should definitely make the bigger stages a lot more fun now. Can you imagine 8 people playing on New Pork City or Rumble Falls? It would be the best form of chaotic fun.

Spark Of Spirit

I have to say, one thing that prevents me from enjoying playing on Magicant (no, not the Flying Men, they're easy to beat) is that the music is so dull to fight to. I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I find the slow ballad-ish themes the most boring tracks in the game. They may be pleasant to listen to, but when you want some battle music going-- it's a bit of a mood killer.

Something like this and this were my preferred Smash Earthbound tracks. While they have slow parts, they build higher and higher and break into the tighter parts once again.

That's not even mentioning some of the great Mother 3 tracks like Unfounded Revenge or the hilarious banjo version of the shop theme.

I dunno, I hope the Wii U version has better track selection. The Magicant tracks really aren't doing it for me.