Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

RSW and I can't be the only ones here that prefer Rosalina.

She's a bad bitch.

Spark Of Spirit

So far it's looking like the top ten characters might be rather surprising considering past Smash games. I've been looking them up and finding really good tourney matches. It seems like this game has a lot of good characters.

Diddy Kong, Sheik, Rosalina, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, and Yoshi are currently near the top.

Not too far away are Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mario, Mega Man, Olimar, Peach, Wario, Pit, Bowser, and Donkey Kong.

That's a pretty well rounded bunch other than how annoying Diddy can be to fight sometimes. In Melee and Brawl it was basically all the same types of characters near the top, this time there doesn't seem to be much of a formula. I know there's a meta-game that usually shapes things up later, but really, it rarely ever effects me or those I play with. Ice Climbers and Olimar were two of the best characters in Brawl and I have never fought a good one in that game to this day.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Rosalina? Really? I can't figure out how to effectively use her for shit.  :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

I know what you mean. Puppet characters never work well for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I was actually using her two days ago because she was one of the final characters I needed the trophy of from Classic Mode, and she and Shulk are clearly the characters I have the most trouble using. Add Zelda to that too. I suck at using Zelda.

Now my focus for now is getting all the Final Smash trophies from All-Star Mode and continue trying to collect music from the orders.

Foggle

talonmalon333

What about when Link betrays the Smash Bros. crew and joins up with the Soul Calibur II gang?

Spark Of Spirit

"Era of the one true controller" no kidding. Never understood why people can't play Smash with any other controller. I've had no problem playing it with every controller I've used.

Third timeline just made me laugh.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Kiddington on January 16, 2015, 06:29:04 AM
RSW and I can't be the only ones here that prefer Rosalina.

She's a bad bitch.

Rosalina master race.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 21, 2015, 04:50:24 PM
I know what you mean. Puppet characters never work well for me.
Quote from: Nel_Annette on January 21, 2015, 09:36:49 PM
I was actually using her two days ago because she was one of the final characters I needed the trophy of from Classic Mode, and she and Shulk are clearly the characters I have the most trouble using. Add Zelda to that too. I suck at using Zelda.

She's tricky to use because she's a heavyweight in disguise. Most of her power comes from the Luma too so to fight effectively you have to keep it alive while zoning hard on the ground because anyone that can touch them is guaranteed to knock one of them out.

Her aerials are amazing though. Nothing more satisfying than spiking people with that Nair or guiding a Luma into an edge and keeping people from recovering.

Spark Of Spirit

The new update added 15 new 8-player Smash stages from the stage roster.

Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Lylat Cruise Omega
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Mario Circuit (Brawl) Omega
Mario Galaxy Omega
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokémon Stadium 2 Omega
Pyrosphere
Smashville
Smashville Omega
The Great Cave Offensive Omega
Town and City
Town and City Omega
Wii Fit Studio

That means the only stages with 8-player Smash in either normal or Omega stages are:

Boxing Ring
Coliseum
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Mario Circuit
Orbital Gate Assault
Pilotwings
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyloft
Woolly World
Wuhu Island

I don't see why they just can't remove the falling lights and dynamic camera in the Boxing Ring and add that. As for the other ones, I understand why they're not there, but I'm still glad they went through with this update and gave us more stage options.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Port Town would probably be able to work too if the floating stage was a little bigger. The areas it lands in are enormous to begin with.

Spark Of Spirit

My soundtracks CDs finally came in. Nice to have an official soundtrack, even if it doesn't have every track.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2015, 05:05:37 PM
LUCAS IS BACK!!!!!!!
*Buys a Wii-U*

And post a link for fuck'ssake. :bleh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 01, 2015, 05:06:43 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2015, 05:05:37 PM
LUCAS IS BACK!!!!!!!
*Buys a Wii-U*

And post a link for fuck'ssake. :bleh:
Can't it was just announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Mewtwo is being added on April 15th and Lucas is coming in June!

They're opening a site to vote for new characters after the direct is over, too. So I'll be voting for Wolf and Ice Climbers ASAP.