Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2015, 04:03:09 PM
1. Yoshi's Island (I do miss the Brawl remix, though)

Ugh, this track is just sooooo good.

Honestly, Smash 4 didn't really quite add the sheer volume of great new tracks like Brawl did, but there's definitely still some good stuff.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 25, 2015, 06:46:22 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2015, 04:03:09 PM
1. Yoshi's Island (I do miss the Brawl remix, though)

Ugh, this track is just sooooo good.
The opening drum beat from the level start, the opening story theme jingle, and the classic Yoshi's Island theme all wrapped together in one awesome jam. Might be my all-time favorite Smash track now.

I just wish I could play it on the Brawl Yoshi's Island stage. Shame that one's locked on the 3DS version.

Quote from: Kiddington on April 25, 2015, 06:46:22 AMHonestly, Smash 4 didn't really quite add the sheer volume of great new tracks like Brawl did, but there's definitely still some good stuff.
I'd say it probably is the best Smash Bros soundtrack as a whole. It brought back all the best Brawl and Melee tunes and every new remix is pretty great.

My only real disappointment is the lack of new F-Zero, DKC2, Tropical Freeze, Triple Deluxe, Return to Dreamland, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9, Mega Man X, and Mega Man Legends remixes. But what is there is great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Just downloaded Mewtwo today.....wayyyy more fun in Smash 4 than he ever was in Melee; doesn't feel as awkward and clunky as he used to be, and his attacks actually hit hard this time around. Definitely worth the $5.

So nice to see Ninty finally getting DLC right.

Spark Of Spirit

With this, Luigi U, and MK8, they really seem to have a handle on it.

I'm just hoping Ice Climbers are on the way so I can get all the classic Smash characters back and finally have a roster with no cut vets.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 29, 2015, 10:22:18 PM
I'm just hoping Ice Climbers are on the way so I can get all the classic Smash characters back and finally have a roster with no cut vets.

This.

I dunno, I keep hearing about the supposed technical limitations with both the 3DS version and 8-Player Smash on U and it's why those two haven't (and probably won't) find their way back, but I just.....I dunno, my opinion? Just find a way to make it work. If the 3DS is the sticking point, make them exclusive to U. If it's 8-Player Smash, just exclude them from being playable in that mode.

There is demand for these characters to be back, and I mean come on, it's 2015; there's absolutely no reason they couldn't make this work if they wanted to. There are enough ways to update and patch the game to make everybody happy.

Spark Of Spirit

They were in and working in the Wii U version before they were cut. They were held out because they didn't have the time to figure out how to put them in the 3DS version. Now they have the time.

It would be really lame if we can't get the Ice Climbers solely because of the 3DS version.

Rynnec

We also lost transformations and Pokemon Trainer because of the 3DS version.

Seems Smash 3D is both a blessing and a curse.

Spark Of Spirit

True. I like having portable Smash, but I sure do wish the console version didn't have to be affected in the process.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get some of the 3DS stages in the Wii U version like Magicant, Mute City, or Prism Tower, too. I would have really liked to play those on the big screen or in 8-Player Smash.

Nel_Annette

I'd love to have some of those stages like Magicant on Wii U. I think they only time I've touched the 3DS version since Smash Wii U came out was literally the one time to just add Mewtwo with my code and that was it.

Kiddington

Smash 3D is just.....really not that good. I actually think it does play a little better on the New 3DS (framerate improving ever so slightly, etc.), but as a whole it's still, like, worse than Melee at this point. Other than adding Mewtwo I've barely touched it lately either.

Not sure what Nintendo's deal is when it comes to that.....just acknowledge the superior product and put all of your eggs in U's basket. They're really not gonna hurt as many feelings as they think.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 04, 2015, 05:26:49 PM
26. Stickerbrush Symphony (Brawl)

HOT TAKE INCOMING; I've honestly never liked this one. The original is a great track (though, to me, not a great "Smash" track, so to speak), but for whatever reason this mix doesn't work for me at all. I'd replace it with this on my own list.

Good picks on the rest though. Like I said, #1 is just so good.

Spark Of Spirit

Your link's broken.

I know it's controversial track, but I find it a lot of fun to have a match to. It's also pretty good on its own even if it doesn't sound much like the original.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 06, 2015, 10:36:02 PM
Your link's broken.

I know it's controversial track, but I find it a lot of fun to have a match to. It's also pretty good on its own even if it doesn't sound much like the original.

Fixed

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, that's a good one. That and Butter Building are up there for my favorite Kirby remixes. The new Butter Building is good, but it's not really Butter Building and more of an Adventure medley (which is what it should have been called) and not as epic sounding as the Brawl one.

For my controversial Smash dislikes, I dislike the Green Greens (both of them) and Gourmet Race remixes. They sound nothing like the original, in the former's case it takes away the speed of the original case and in the latter it misses the frantic fun of the SNES tune.