E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

P-100 looks VERY different from normal Platinum stuff.

It almost looks like an action game version of Pikmin. I dunno, I'll have to see more.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 05, 2012, 12:20:21 PM
Sega is also supposed to be doing a Kids Next Door game.
:lol:

Too obvious
, man.
I'm turning into you. :shit:

:DThis reminds me that I've been meaning to make a list about what thing y'all hate. Too bad Naughty Dog is ACTUALLY making a zombie game. There wasn't even any zombies in the presentation. It just looked exactly like what you'd suspect an average survival action movie to look like. :wth:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 12:49:16 PM

It almost looks like an action game version of Pikmin. I dunno, I'll have to see more.

Viewtiful Joe art-style, Kamiya directed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

As the world's biggest Platinum fanboy... that looks bad. Awful, even. First P* game I have no intention of buying unless you count Red Hot Rumble.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 05, 2012, 12:44:38 PM
Painkiller is a Doom style game right?
Yep! I hope the remake comes to consoles so you guys can finally play my second favorite FPS of all time!

Spark Of Spirit

I just watched the SpikeTV gameplay and it looks pretty sweet. It looks like a top down action game with strategy elements.

Thank you Platinum for realizing there are more genres than shooters.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 12:57:36 PM

As the world's biggest Platinum fanboy... that looks bad. Awful, even. First P* game I have no intention of buying unless you count Red Hot Rumble.

What don't you like about it? I thought it looked pretty decent, personally.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on June 05, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
I can't put it into words. It just doesn't look fun to me. At all.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 01:05:43 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 05, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
I can't put it into words. It just doesn't look fun to me. At all.
I don't know what to tell you, but I thought it looked good. It was clearly not indevelopment very long hence the unpolished graphics, but the gameplay is fun and varied with a lot of unique little ideas.

It sure beats another third person game.

Spark Of Spirit

Game of the next gen is already here.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 01:10:35 PM
I don't know what to tell you, but I thought it looked good. It was clearly not indevelopment very long hence the unpolished graphics, but the gameplay is fun and varied with a lot of unique little ideas.
It looks unique and creative, yes. But it didn't impress me at all and the gameplay looks rather boring IMO.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 01:10:35 PM
It sure beats another third person game.
Not for me, I hate top-down/almost isometric fixed cameras.

Foggle

Eh, watched the P-100 trailer again. The puzzle elements do look excellent; still think the combat looks like trash, though. I was just thrown off at the start because P* is known for their amazing action.

I will reserve any further judgment until I actually get a chance to play it. I'm sure it'll be a great game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 05, 2012, 12:57:36 PM

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 05, 2012, 12:44:38 PM
Painkiller is a Doom style game right?
Yep! I hope the remake comes to consoles so you guys can finally play my second favorite FPS of all time!
God, do I love Doom style games. My 360 needs more of them.

Looks like Kamiya won't be keeping his perfect track record anymore. :>

Spark Of Spirit

You guys should really see the Spike demo (If they ever put it up... folks are slow to put up anything that isn't a corridor shooter) as it really looks a lot better in motion.

Also, four players which is always nice.

This really should have been at the conference. Too much was left out.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its hard for me to judge P-100 from just that trailer. It looks like one of those games that is lame to watch but could be surprisingly fun to play. I'm not sure yet.

No way in hell does it look anywhere close to as good as Vanquish, though, which is a TPS, and an excellent one at that. And also, its not like Platinum has neglected other genres at all. They've done hack n' slash, beat-em-up, and TPS so far, and this just happens to be the next genre that they are tackling. In fact what other TPS games have they made aside from Vanquish, anyways? Its not like they are known for just doing that genre, so I don't get that notion.

Anyways, a top-down shooter could be good if it incorporates elements of strategy into it, IMO.