Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Ruby and Sapphire trying to find each other and understanding just why Garnet is as powerful of a fusion as she is... that whole thing was just adorable. Love it.

Avaitor

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but this whole week has been killer. Even the episode about the mayor was cute.

But the two-parter, wow. It's a good thing that Sugar didn't keep her promise of no villains since the show is really benefiting here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Either she lied in that interview to cover any spoilers, or more likely she and the writers changed their minds. I'm glad they did because as good as the first set of episodes were, the show would start to get a bit stale if there weren't other real obstacles for the Gems and Steven to overcome.

Peanutbutter

So the crossover with Uncle Grandpa just aired.

You know, that wasn't bad at all. In fact, I thought it was great! I loved the part with Sadie and Lars' ship (gee, whatever could THAT be referring to I wonder?), Amethyst eating Pizza Steve, Garnet trying to end the episode early, and Pearl screaming, "THAT'S NOT MY BABY!!!" :D

Avaitor

I haven't seen the episode yet (waiting for tomorrow, but I have sen this)

I don't watch that show regularly, but I would so be down for an Uncle Grandpa Meets the CN Universe spin-off.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Story for Steven was well worth the wait! I don't know why it never occurred to me before that Greg would have had a manager. I guess because of how he stayed unsigned. Marty was a creep, and it was easy to see why Greg dumped him but I actually liked him. He had a bit of charisma to him despite being sleazy. I'm positive that Marty will be back. The way this episode ended, I know that we're going to get more flashbacks to Greg and the Gems' pasts. Either Marty will appear in the past, or he'll return in the present an antagonist to Greg and Steven somehow. Its more than obvious that he's Sour Cream dad like people have said, so I doubt he's a one shot character.

Funny enough, when I was watching it, I didn't notice Marty's resemblance to Sour Cream. All I focused on were his sharp teeth (what was up with that?) and his voice sounding familiar. If I'm not mistaken, I think that was the guy who played Donatello in the 2K3 Ninja Turtles. That Vidalia lady reminded me of Android 18 from DBZ.

Avaitor

And apparently Vidalia is an onion, so bam!

Great episodes, btw.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Sour Cream was conceived in that van. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Peanutbutter

Come to think of it, Onion hasn't had a prominent role since "Onion Trade", has he? I mean, probably the writers scaled back on him because he already had a lot of appearances in the beginning of the first season. But I wonder if they have other plans for him?

Peanutbutter

Steven's back with a NEW INTRO!!!   :D

A lot of cool things happened in Sworn to the Sword. Connie decides to fight with Steven against the Homeworld Gems, and judging from the new intro her training will stick. We got to see more of Pearl's inner flaws in regards to Rose, plus two songs that were both good reflections of the characters thus far. I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of this week!

Daxdiv

That new opening was very anime. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Peanutbutter

Keeping It Together was really messed up.  :wth: It was cool to see Peridot, but I'm not sure what it was she took from that underground cave.

Nel_Annette

I've really been loving the whole week of episodes so far. They've all been pretty great. Yeah, last night's was all kinds of effed up, and tonight's was adorable as hell.

Peanutbutter

All of them were knocked out of the park. I can't wait to see what happens today. It's supposed to just be Steven having a slumber party with the Gems, but usually there's more to it when they do a plot like this.

Avaitor

Just a reminder that the voice of Rose Quartz is also the voice of Megara from Hercules, and the original Belle on Broadway.

Loving this one so far. Also, it's a surprising touch to see the new Warner animation logo in the show's opening. I wonder if this is going to be a thing for the other CN shows.

New blog!