E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2013, 02:36:19 AM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 12, 2013, 10:49:36 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 12, 2013, 09:30:16 PM
I think, overall, Sony and Nintendo tied this year's E3. Both have been great. Microsoft... the less said the better.

Honestly, I'm still not interested in Sony. I was hardly impressed with any of the PS3's exclusives, and the PS4 just looks to be the next big AAA movie-game machine. I don't know, I'm just tired of most big-budget story-driven games in general. I don't care about MGS5, and most of what I've seen on offer from Sony just seems like the type of gaming that I either don't care for or just isn't enough to impress me on an actual gameplay substance level.

As far as I'm concerned, The WiiU is currently the only console that is worth owning this generation, though that's only assuming that the games are as top-notch as most of Nintendo's big franchise releases have been in the past.
MGS5 will be better than anything on Wii U. Sony is the clear winner here
While I agree that MGS5 will likely be humanity's greatest achievement since the first chef learned how to cook a medium-rare porterhouse to perfection, it's worth pointing out that MGS5 will also be available on PS3, 360, and (probably) PC.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2013, 05:21:16 AM
I think, overall, Sony and Nintendo tied this year's E3. Both have been great. Microsoft... the less said the better.

Honestly, I'm still not interested in Sony. I was hardly impressed with any of the PS3's exclusives, and the PS4 just looks to be the next big AAA movie-game machine. I don't know, I'm just tired of most big-budget story-driven games in general. I don't care about MGS5, and most of what I've seen on offer from Sony just seems like the type of gaming that I either don't care for or just isn't enough to impress me on an actual gameplay substance level.

As far as I'm concerned, The WiiU is currently the only console that is worth owning this generation, though that's only assuming that the games are as top-notch as most of Nintendo's big franchise releases have been in the past.
While I agree that MGS5 will likely be humanity's greatest achievement since the first chef learned how to cook a medium-rare porterhouse to perfection, it's worth pointing out that MGS5 will also be available on PS3, 360, and (probably) PC.
Shut up and let me troll EK.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2013, 10:13:06 AM

Sorry. PS4 >>>>>> any and all of Nintendo's games because reasons.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2013, 10:16:58 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2013, 10:13:06 AM

Sorry. PS4 >>>>>> any and all of Nintendo's games because reasons.
I agree  ;D

talonmalon333

I'll be honest and say, if MGS Legacy Collection were announced for PC, I'd take that over any of Nintendo's announcements this E3.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 14, 2013, 12:10:52 PM
I'll be honest and say, if MGS Legacy Collection were announced for PC, I'd take that over any of Nintendo's announcements this E3.
SAME OMG

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2013, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 14, 2013, 12:10:52 PM
SAME OMG
What he said.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't find the PS4 interesting in the least (in terms of having any games that I'm interested in), and MGS5 just looks like any other movie game to me. Of course, I've never been impressed by the MGS series.

You guys can keep that stuff. Personally I like more gameplay with my games, but I suppose I'm in the minority these days. :-\

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2013, 07:00:55 PM
MGS5 just looks like any other movie game to me. Of course, I've never been impressed by the MGS series.
Did you watch the trailer? It's an open world stealth game. I don't see how that's movie-like at all. Plus, Kojima actually said this one would have "less and shorter cutscenes", and that "long cutscenes are outdated".

QuoteYou guys can keep that stuff. Personally I like more gameplay with my games, but I suppose I'm in the minority these days. :-\
I'm surprised you would say something like this, because it's obvious to most people who've actually played the games that almost all of the Metal Gear titles still have lots of real gameplay time, featuring some of the best stealth mechanics and boss fights in the business.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2013, 07:00:55 PM
I don't find the PS4 interesting in the least (in terms of having any games that I'm interested in), and MGS5 just looks like any other movie game to me. Of course, I've never been impressed by the MGS series.

You guys can keep that stuff. Personally I like more gameplay with my games, but I suppose I'm in the minority these days. :-\
You're late as hell. I don't even feel like trolling you about how PS4 is better than all Nintendo consoles even though it's not even out yet anymore.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2013, 07:51:09 PMDid you watch the trailer? It's an open world stealth game. I don't see how that's movie-like at all. Plus, Kojima actually said this one would have "less and shorter cutscenes", and that "long cutscenes are outdated".

I'm surprised you would say something like this, because it's obvious to most people who've actually played the games that almost all of the Metal Gear titles still have lots of real gameplay time, featuring some of the best stealth mechanics and boss fights in the business.

Honestly, why do none of you guys ever seem to get that I'm just trying to piss off GSF? :-\

That said, in regard to MGS5, I'm still not interested in it because I'm not a fan of stealth games, AND I'm not a fan of open-world games. The comments about the gameplay and such were more to bait the ass-hole of this board into acting like an idiot than anything else, though.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2013, 09:52:36 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 14, 2013, 07:51:09 PMDid you watch the trailer? It's an open world stealth game. I don't see how that's movie-like at all. Plus, Kojima actually said this one would have "less and shorter cutscenes", and that "long cutscenes are outdated".

Honestly, why do none of you guys ever seem to get that I'm just trying to piss off GSF? :-\

That said, in regard to MGS5, I'm still not interested in it because I'm not a fan of stealth games, AND I'm not a fan of open-world games. The comments about the gameplay and such were more to bait the ass-hole of this board into acting like an idiot than anything else, though.
Whoa, I thought I was good at subtlety. You sounded serious.

How open world is MGSV going to be, Foggle? I hope it expands on the beginning of MGS4's level design, like I said before

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2013, 10:00:45 PM
Whoa, I thought I was good at subtlety. You sounded serious.
Yeah, agreed.

QuoteHow open world is MGSV going to be, Foggle? I hope it expands on the beginning of MGS4's level design, like I said before
I dunno, but it looked pretty huge from the trailer. There are vehicles and horses, and they said there would be things like dynamic weather and such, so I assume it's big.