E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

What happened to you Xbox Support? You used to be cool.

Daikun

You bought a game console to play games?

ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2013, 11:55:04 PM
Quote from: http://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160If your account is banned, you also forfeit the licenses to any games that have licenses tied to it as listed in the ToU.
Please tell me this is just for Xbone?!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2013, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: http://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160If your account is banned, you also forfeit the licenses to any games that have licenses tied to it as listed in the ToU.
Yup.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2013, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2013, 08:24:16 AM
Yup.
Phew. My 360 is safe.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, while the latter years of this console sucked (mostly), I could say that the XBOX360 at least had a pretty decent run, and there are still games for it that I want to play, so I'll likely be holding onto it rather than selling it off. That said, I can safely say that this will be the last XBOX console that I ever own. The next generation for me is going to be all about the PC, and maybe the WiiU if it gets enough good first-party games.

Foggle

The 360 and PS3 basically reversed roles halfway through this gen. At first, the PS3 was awful and the 360 was awesome, but then it went the other way. They're both good consoles, but not great, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment.

talonmalon333

I'd say the Wii probably fit somewhere in the middle. It was very so-so from start to finish.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, from my perspective, there were way more Wii exclusives that interested me than both XBOX360 and PS3 exclusives as well as 3rd party games for the HD consoles combined.

I mean, the Wii has:

New Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Madworld
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
House of the Dead: Overkill

And that's just to name the few that interest me the most. Desensitized could probably list a lot more.

In contrast, the XBOX360 hardly had any worth-while exclusives (it did have XBLA and the best 3rd party support, though), and the PS3 had a bunch of exclusives that didn't interest me, or if they did they felt really shallow and boring to play when I tried them (Uncharted takes the cake, here). With the PS3, I've mainly only ever been interested in the Yakuza and Ratchet and Clank games.

But, maybe that's just a case of "the grass is greener on the other side" kind of deal. Personally, though, if I could go back to the beginning of the console generation and pick the console that would suit my tastes best (which doesn't include a PC), I would honestly pick the Wii. It just has the most amount of stuff that's actually up my alley.

Foggle

Honestly, I'd say the Wii is about on par with the 360 and PS3. It has a lot of great games, but it's not really a better system than either of them IMO. All the consoles were equally good last gen, though there was a lot of overlap between the PS3 and 360, which is why the Wii probably seems like the best standalone.

Grave

My console choice is probably going to be the PS4. Highly unlikely that I'll get a 2nd console. I haven't even seen any notable titles for the PC either so "shrugs".

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on June 16, 2013, 05:44:18 PM
My console choice is probably going to be the PS4. Highly unlikely that I'll get a 2nd console. I haven't even seen any notable titles for the PC either so "shrugs".
Yes you have. They are called any good Xbone games you may have seen at e3 :sly:

Grave

All the noteworthy titles I saw are also on the PS4

gunswordfist

Did any The Evil Within footage get shown?