The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Apparently, some new features in MM3D are that...

- When you talk to a character, a notebook showing their name and schedule will pop up.
- You can jump ahead to any point in time, and even make reminders for times you need to remember.
- There are more saving spots, and you can create permanent saves.
- You can no longer shoot Ice Arrows into the water to freeze it. Instead, the game now features targets for you to shoot at.

While some of those took me by surprise (such as the dumbing down of the Ice Arrow's strategic element), most of them are pretty much what I expected. I suppose these will make the game more convenient for many, but much like OoT, I'm fine sticking with the original.

Foggle

Sounds great except for the ice arrows thing! I'll probably be sticking with the N64 version as well, though, so I can play it on my TV. :)

Avaitor

I actually downloaded MM from the VC ages ago, but never touched it. I keep on telling myself to try it whenever I'm home, but I never get around to playing too many video games when I am. That's a game that really deserves another play.

Although if I had the money right when the limited edition 3DS came out, I would have bought it. Unfortunately...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

It sounds like there are a number of people that aren't taking kindly to the remake. Or, at least more than there were for OoT's remake. It's understandable as MM got more changes and, in my opinion, don't sound like they are necessarily for the better.

Spark Of Spirit

Depends on the changes. Some of them even hardcore fans think was for the better.

Nonetheless, locked 30fps will once again make this the definitive version of the game to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I mean, I guess having more saving spots, permanent saves, and the ability to jump ahead to any time you want, does streamline MM and make it more accessible. But I don't know, I don't think that's what it's all about. MM was designed very deliberately. The way they created these things worked very well with the game's mechanics and themes.

However, I won't say these changes make the game objectively worse. Or better, really. The way the original MM was designed works for some people, but I do get that there are others who just weren't a fan of it. And for them, these changes perhaps make it more welcoming.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I just spotted that. Could be fun if it's made well.

talonmalon333

Nel_Annette

Okay, so I checked the Nintendo eShop, but I always feel better double-checking with someone who has the game. Thinking of picking up Hyrule Warriors soon. I was browsing the DLC page, and just want to make sure. That Master Hero or whatever one on the bottom of the list, the $19.99 one; that's everything, right? All the $7.99 packs, the $0.99 costume sets, it's basically just the season pass with a Dark Link costume thrown in, yes?

talonmalon333

You know, instead of wasting their time remaking 3D Zelda games that are still perfect, Nintendo should have remade the original LoZ. It'd be interesting to see as that game is so different from the rest of the franchise.

Peanutbutter

If it has a good writing team behind it, I'm down for a Zelda Netflix series. I'll wait until this gets out of development before I get too excited though.

Nel_Annette

I just sent Mikau off to his final rest.  :frown:

What... the hell... did they do to the Zora Link swimming mechanic. What was one of the best swimming gameplays ever suddenly is the most frustrating thing to use ever.

talonmalon333

Pro-MM3D folks, this is the game you asked for.