Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

For those paying attention, how does this anniversary hold up in comparison to the 10th in 2002?

Oddly, I can't seem to remember much about the last one. This one on the other hand seems okay I guess, but still a lot of garbage in there that I wish they'd just drop already (so much Johnny Test). But hey, at least the live-action is pretty much non-existent this month, so... glass half-full, right?  :awesome:

Avaitor

So far, for the 20th anniversary, we've had a neat set of bumpers, 3 different music videos, a bunch of celebratory art, returns of a bunch of older programming to the lineup, and a big poll asking fans to vote for the best of the network's history. While for the 10th anniversary, we had... a minute-long compilation video that only aired a couple of times.

I think the 20th anniversary wins this round.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Huh. So the 10th was that little, eh?

No wonder I don't remember a thing about it.

Avaitor

Did you guys post in CN's polls? Because the winners are being shown tomorrow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

Here's this weeks CP episodes:

Dexter's Lab - Mock-5

KND - Operation: T.U.R.N.I.P

Billy and Mandy - Spider's Little Daddy

Johnny Bravo -  Beach Blanket Bravo

Cow & Chicken - Field Trip to Folsom Prison

Still the same ol' same ol'. Though, I did like the Dexter's Lab episode.

Avaitor

I think I'm covering that Johnny Bravo short next week. Not sure, and I don't want to double check.

New blog!

Rynnec

Daxdiv

Looks like the current update on it is that they plan to upload Dexter's Rude Removal on Adult Swim website, you just have to participate in their twitter campaign of #telljeff to upload it faster.

Rynnec

This weeks CP was a showing of X-mas themed episodes from Courage (the Nutcracker episode),  I.M Weasel, Dexter's Lab, and Evil Con Carne.

KND was also part of this weeks lineup, but since that shows X-mas episode is a half-hour one, they just aired Operation ARCTIC instead. Would've taken Johnny Bravo's Christmas Episode over that, but whatevs.

hobbyfan

Once upon a time, Cartoon Network was great. Time Warner in my area added it at the end of 1996, early '97.

I'd come home from work, and after dinner, settle into the parents' room for the last part of Power Zone (Super Friends). That made my day. Of course, as time wore on, the network would evolve----or is that devolve these days---but the current product just doesn't do it for me. I haven't followed any of the current shows lately, and I'm more concerned about the clueless suits in charge of the network.

I have to admit I have some trepidation about the pending Batman series, only because Mitch Watson, who "reinvented" Scooby-Doo as he saw fit, not as an actual representation of the fanbase, IMPO, is involved. Does this guy know anything about the shows he's working on? "Beware the Batman" just ain't gonna fly far if they don't use classic villains or Batgirl/Robin.

Any number of us could go to Atlanta and present a case for booting the current administration for being irresponsible and disrespectful to the product and its consumers (us). Of course, they'll just turn around and boot us for having brains.........

Avaitor

Good news: They're adding new shows to Cartoon Planet
Bad news: Those new shows include Robotomy, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and The Problem Solverz

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 11, 2013, 04:18:07 PM
Bad news: Those new shows include Robotomy, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and The Problem Solverz
:shit:

Daxdiv

Goldstar

Quote from: Avaitor on January 11, 2013, 04:18:07 PM

I actually kind of liked Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. Robotomy was OK, but not great. As for The Problem Solverz, I couldn't stand to look at it long enough to get into any of the stories.  Anyway, Cartoon Planet isn't about nostalgia anymore if they'll be airing series that recent, but I honestly don't think that CN cares at this point. CP mostly just seems like something for the network to run on Friday nights until 9PM.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!