"The Avengers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, May 03, 2012, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 05, 2012, 12:19:33 AM
Yeah, this movie has kind of gotten me interested in "trying" to pursue some of the comics again. I'd be up for reading any good and reasonably affordable compilation volumes any of the main Marvel superheroes (preferably ones that tell the best stories, of course), if anyone has any good recommendations. Yeah, I know I usually don't end up getting the comics, but I swear I'll get into them eventually. I just need to get a job this summer so I have money to spend on stuff like comics. Now that my Pharm Tech license has finally come in, I should get cracking on that. :sly:

Oh yeah, if anyone can let me know about who that character was in the middle of the end credits (possibly through PM to avoid spoilers for others), that'd be great. I'm really curious, and now I just HAVE to know.
Congratulations and...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Uh, Do you actually have a point in randomly quoting a post that I made months ago or are you just crying out for meaningless attention like usual?

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 30, 2012, 06:48:01 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 03, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
Though admittedly, there are a lot strikes against the movie. Like how Jack Kirby's family won't make any money out of it, how it's basically a 2-hour commercial to sell toys and fuel sequels, how Edward Norton didn't come back, and plenty more.
Why didn't he come back?
He didn't want to.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on May 23, 2012, 06:45:53 PM
Word on the street is that a Ms. Marvel script has been completed. If it's true, Goldstar might just get his wish. I think that she'd make for a great addition myself, and I'm especially optimistic for the possibility to see how a female super hero film will turn out. The fairer sex always gets the shaft when it comes to things like this, and hopefully this film will prove to people that not only can female super heroes hold their own, but make for just as interesting characters as their male counterparts. The positive reception for Black Widow is a step in the right direction, but she still doesn't have a film of her own.

And it's also been reported that Edgar Wright might finally finish that Ant-Man film of his. Another good call if true, since if anyone should've been added into the universe at this point, it's Hank Pym.

Another character I'd really like to see added in is Mockingbird. They could introduce her in any given film and it'd make sense. Captain America 2 would work well since one of her earliest missions was to find a replicate of the serum that gave Steve Rogers his super strength, and Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 might just have room. And if they do make a Hawkeye or Shield film, that'd be perfect, so they can show off her ties to Clint and the agency.
He's the perfect person to do the Deadpool movie.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 30, 2012, 07:04:28 PM
Uh, Do you actually have a point in randomly quoting a post that I made months ago or are you just crying out for meaningless attention like usual?
Oh and you're stupid for not knowing who was at the end of The Avengers movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm stupid because I didn't read Marvel comic books before watching The Avengers movie? Brilliant GSF-quality logic at its best. According to him, people's intelligence has to do with their knowledge of fictional stories that were produced for teenage to young adult readers of the nerdy variety over the past few decades. I'm sure that they'll give you a nobel prize someday for your genius insight.

Seriously, though, you're more desperate for attention than Talon, and that's a pretty sad thing.

gunswordfist

I can never say anything ill about one who insults talon. :humhumhum:

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 30, 2012, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on May 23, 2012, 06:45:53 PM
Word on the street is that a Ms. Marvel script has been completed. If it's true, Goldstar might just get his wish. I think that she'd make for a great addition myself, and I'm especially optimistic for the possibility to see how a female super hero film will turn out. The fairer sex always gets the shaft when it comes to things like this, and hopefully this film will prove to people that not only can female super heroes hold their own, but make for just as interesting characters as their male counterparts. The positive reception for Black Widow is a step in the right direction, but she still doesn't have a film of her own.

And it's also been reported that Edgar Wright might finally finish that Ant-Man film of his. Another good call if true, since if anyone should've been added into the universe at this point, it's Hank Pym.

Another character I'd really like to see added in is Mockingbird. They could introduce her in any given film and it'd make sense. Captain America 2 would work well since one of her earliest missions was to find a replicate of the serum that gave Steve Rogers his super strength, and Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 might just have room. And if they do make a Hawkeye or Shield film, that'd be perfect, so they can show off her ties to Clint and the agency.
He's the perfect person to do the Deadpool movie.
Actually, I could see that work.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

He's the only guy that has made a somewhat recent shoot em up action comedy that's worth talking about. I think it would work out fine.

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

21 Jump Street looks like drivel and I hope that's not that Jackie Chan movie. Recent Hollywood action Jackie Chan movies =/= good.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 30, 2012, 08:19:50 PM
21 Jump Street looks like drivel and I hope that's not that Jackie Chan movie. Recent Hollywood action Jackie Chan movies =/= good.
No.

gunswordfist

:D Then I don't know. This year was the first time I went to the theaters in a few years.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually enjoyed 21 Jump Street (to my surprise). Its not a great comedy but its certainly far more entertaining than I expected.