Games That You Think Other Members On This Board Should Play

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 11, 2013, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I've never played NGB, dumbass.

Foggle and ensatsu-ken:

James Bond 007 Everything Or Nothing (Xbox or PS2) - The absolute best TPS you've never played. It has a ton of gadgets, guns and missions types: racing, motorcycle (including my 2nd favorite motorcycle sequence in gaming), falling down a mountainside, helicopter, etc. etc. Also, Willem Dafoe is the Bond villain in this game and unlike Beyond, he's in a good game this time. :sly:

The Warriors (Xbox/PS2) - Just to show Foggle what the best 3D beat em up actually is.

Everyone who hasn't played it yet:

SSX Tricky - my favorite sports game. Probably the most addictive game I've ever played.

Astro Boy Omega Factor - The greatest handheld game ever created.

Contra Hard Corps - This game will kick your ass.

Everyone else:

Sweet Home- blah blah best 8-bit andNES RPG ever. blah blah no grinding or shops needed. blah blah timeless graphics blah blah horror atmosphere blah blah Resident Evil precursor with similar puzzles blah blah multiple endings based on how many surviving party members you have blah blah best 2d movie game ever. Just play the damn game already
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
Sweet Home- blah blah best 8-bit andNES RPG ever. blah blah no grinding or shops needed. blah blah timeless graphics blah blah horror atmosphere blah blah Resident Evil precursor with similar puzzles blah blah multiple endings based on how many surviving party members you have blah blah best 2d movie game ever. Just play the damn game already

If it wasn't for the fact that I was already interested in playing this game, your "description" here would've done absolutely nothing to catch my interest.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 13, 2013, 04:16:30 PM

If it wasn't for the fact that I was already interested in playing this game, your "description" here would've done absolutely nothing to catch my interest.

I hope I ruined it for you. You only deserve to play Street Fighter 1.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 11, 2013, 07:53:30 PM
This is a good idea for a thread, but a bad idea since I'm not sure what anyone has or has not played.  :sweat:

All I know is:

Ensatsu-ken:

1. Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master - If you like the Ninja Gaiden games, this really a no-brainer.
2. Mega Man Zero series - Whether the GBA originals or the DS compilation, these all stack up with the SNES Mega Man X trilogy as awesome.
3. Ninja Five-O - It's an obscure GBA game that'll probably never be re-released. There's little like it and it's fully original.

Foggle:

1. Rolling Thunder trilogy - No clue if you've ever played them, but you really should. It's methodical and difficult, but it has that '70s spy groove to it.
2. Mega Turrican - It's hard to rec this series, but I find this is the best game to start with. Contra meets Metroid, I mean COME ON.
3. 999 - This is right up your alley, IMO.

Avaitor:

1. Wario Land: Shake It! - Seriously. I think I'm the only one on this board who's played it.
2. Hotel Dusk - You dig old noirs? You'll dig this.
3. Giana Sisters DS - This is a great classic style platformer that is a lot of fun to just pick up and play.

Talonmalon333:

1. Ristar - Whether you like Sonic or not, this is worth playing.
2. Rockin' Katz - It's the only platformer Atlus ever made and even though it's really easy it's a lot of fun.

Gunswordfist:

1. Shock Troopers - Branching paths, six different characters, co-op, and overhead action.

Rynnec:

1. Silent Bomber - Think Bomberman meets third person action game. HIGHLY underrated.
2. Brave Fencer Musashi - You want an action RPG with style? Here's one.

Daxdiv:

1. Phoenix Wright everything - This sounds like something you'd like.
2. Henry Hattsworth & The Puzzling Adventure - Shame we'll never get a sequel.

ShadowGentleman:

Any 2D Genesis Sonic game and any 2D NES or SNES Mario game
I don't know what you have or haven't played, but those are the basics.

Nel:

1. Three Dirty Dwarves - I don't have to explain myself.  :P

That's the best I can think of.
I've already played and beaten Shock Troopers, genius.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 11, 2013, 08:15:43 PM
It's funny. I know that sports games aren't nearly anyone's favorite genre on this board, but I also remember how you and I had a lot of discussion on what makes some sports games appealing in the first place, and it's basically the types that take advantage of actually being a game, instead of just trying to be realistic. For some reason I just felt like SSS would be really up your alley. The character-designs are light-hearted, cartoony, and very colorful, and the gameplay is excellent and can be very competitive, but is simultaneously very simple and fun. :thumbup:
The could be said about SSX Tricky. ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've never played NGB, dumbass.

You've said multiple times that you've played the 1st NG on the XBOX (whether it's NGB or not, it's still the first game, dumb-shit), and just never managed to finish it. So, you are either a complete liar, or are so stupid that you can't remember what you did a few years earlier. Neither one would surprise me, honestly.

QuoteThe Warriors (Xbox/PS2) - Just to show Foggle what the best 3D beat em up actually is.

Does it have a deep combat system like God Hand?

QuoteContra Hard Corps - This game will kick your ass.

No joke. I still can't get past the 3rd level.

QuoteSweet Home- blah blah best 8-bit andNES RPG ever. blah blah no grinding or shops needed. blah blah timeless graphics blah blah horror atmosphere blah blah Resident Evil precursor with similar puzzles blah blah multiple endings based on how many surviving party members you have blah blah best 2d movie game ever. Just play the damn game already

I don't like JRPGs. :sly:

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:19:10 PM
I hope I ruined it for you. You only deserve to play Street Fighter 1.

That's so rude. All I wanted was a good reason to play Sweet Home, jerk. :oo:

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:19:10 PMI've already played and beaten Shock Troopers, genius.

He was just trying to be nice by recommending a game to you (and he was clear about it, unlike you), and that's what you say to him?

Stop ruining this thread.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:23:45 PMThe could be said about SSX Tricky. ;D

It's my 2nd favorite sports game; unless you count professional wrestling as a spot, in which case No Mercy would be my favorite sports game ever, followed by Sega Soccer Slam, and then SSX Tricky.

Also good are NBA Street Vol. 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Aggresive Inline, and Splashdown. Of course, there are also all of the Mario Kart games, as well as Mario Tennis, but those are rather obvious games that I shouldn't really even need to mention.

gunswordfist

QuoteOh yeah, I forgot something:

Who hear on this board has NOT yet played either Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast or Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy?

Because, pretty much EVERYONE should play those games, IMO. I think those are among the few games that everyone here would find at least some appeal in. If you like FPS games, you can play most of these games from that perspective (only if you really want to). If you like 3rd person action/adventure games, the games have you covered there as well. It also has a healthy dose of platforming and puzzle solving, and generally has pretty interesting level design, so I'd say these games are definitely worth playing. They are pretty much tied with KOTOR as my personal favorite Star Wars games.

Also, if you like aerial combat games similar to Star Fox (though admittedly a bit slower-paced), then both Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter are definite recommendation of mine, as well.

I should try these games.

ek, I beat Ninja Gaiden, you dumb-shit. You can recall me saying it used to be my 2nd favorite game. I only do that for games I've beaten. Nowhere on the internet will you see me say that I've never completed the game so unless you can find a link, shut up, you dumbfuck.

The Warriors doesn't need a deep combat system. It's more fun than Godhand. :sly:

You can't past level 3 in CHC because no one loves you.

As for SH, that's why I said everyone else, asshole.

QuoteThe could be said about SSX Tricky. ;D

It's my 2nd favorite sports game; unless you count professional wrestling as a spot, in which case No Mercy would be my favorite sports game ever, followed by Sega Soccer Slam, and then SSX Tricky.

Also good are NBA Street Vol. 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Aggresive Inline, and Splashdown. Of course, there are also all of the Mario Kart games, as well as Mario Tennis, but those are rather obvious games that I shouldn't really even need to mention.

That reminds me, everyone should play Crash Team Racing. Much better than MK 64 and I like the story mode.

Foggle

James Bond 007 Everything Or Nothing (Xbox or PS2) - The absolute best TPS you've never played. It has a ton of gadgets, guns and missions types: racing, motorcycle (including my 2nd favorite motorcycle sequence in gaming), falling down a mountainside, helicopter, etc. etc. Also, Willem Dafoe is the Bond villain in this game and unlike Beyond, he's in a good game this time. :sly:
I actually have played this game, probably three times through at that. It was one of my favorite games at the time. I wish I still had a copy.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:42:54 PMek, I beat Ninja Gaiden....Nowhere on the internet will you see me say that I've never completed the game

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:11:48 PMI've never played NGB

I'm sorry, what?

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 13, 2013, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 04:42:54 PMek, I beat Ninja Gaiden....Nowhere on the internet will you see me say that I've never completed the game

I'm sorry, what?

I don't even get involved with the silliness, but I have to repeat that.

What?

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 13, 2013, 02:16:51 PMThe Warriors doesn't need a deep combat system. It's more fun than Godhand. :sly:

That's what people who suck at good games with depth say to make themselves feel better. Playing easy and shallow games help them find solace. You're one of those people, apparently. :>

QuoteYou can't past level 3 in CHC because no one loves you.

Or, more likely because the game is difficult for the sole purpose of being difficult. Unlike you, though, I don't make excuses about it and try to comfort myself with an easier game. :humhumhum:

gunswordfist

I'm sorry, what?
I've never played BLACK, dumbass but I've played the regular version, dumbass. And you just said I never FINISHED Black. Make up your mind.
Quote from: Grave on October 13, 2013, 05:00:51 PM

I'm sorry, what?

I don't even get involved with the silliness, but I have to repeat that.

What?
And you shouldn't.

Grave

Ninja Gaiden/Sigma/Black are essentially the same game. Only difference being, Black having mission modes or something of that nature and Sigma adding Rachel as a playable character (I'm finding out little changes as I continue to play through as we speak). The story is the same along with gameplay.