Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Tier 1: ALttP, ALBW, OoS, OoA, WW
Tier 2: OoT, MM, LA, MC
Tier 3: LoZ, TP, AoL
Tier 4: FSA, FS, SS, ST
Tier 5: PH, CDi monstrosities

My personal opinion, but as the only one on this site who prefers overhead Zelda to 3D Zelda, it isn't that surprising.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

You put PH on the same level as the CDi games? Even as a hater of the game, isn't that a little rough? :D

Also, I'm surprised you put AoL on tier 3.

Spark Of Spirit

I just plain don't like those games. Mostly everything under tier 2 is thrown about without much care, honestly.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I like 2D Zelda more than 3D. :<

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Tier 1: LA, OoA, OoS, MM, WW, ALBW
Tier 2: ALttP, OoT, MC
Tier 3: LoZ, FSA, SS
Tier 4: AoL, FS

Only including games I've actually played. Yes, I know my taste is bad.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2015, 06:09:06 PM
My personal opinion, but as the only one on this site who prefers overhead Zelda to 3D Zelda, it isn't that surprising.
While I prefer the concept of 3D Zelda, most of the best entries in the series are 2D IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2015, 07:56:23 PM
Tier 1: LA, OoA, OoS, MM, WW, ALBW
Tier 2: ALttP, OoT, MC
Tier 3: LoZ, FSA, SS
Tier 4: AoL, FS

Only including games I've actually played. Yes, I know my taste is bad.
Duck for cover! EK is on the way!

Foggle

I make no apologies for my love of weird games. Is it legitimately better than LttP and OoT? Eh, probably not. Is it one of my favorite games of all time? Hell yeah.

Spark Of Spirit

It is a great game, yeah. It's my favorite Zelda game to play when I just want a quick one to breeze through.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2015, 08:14:24 PM
It is a great game, yeah. It's my favorite Zelda game to play when I just want a quick one to breeze through.
Yeah! I think my list is more dependent on how much I enjoy playing each game. Wasn't really trying to be objective. ;)

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2015, 08:15:31 PMobjective. ;)

Hate that term. :thinkin:

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2015, 07:56:23 PM
Yes, I know my taste is bad.

Only cause you're purposely avoiding TP. :sly:

gunswordfist

Link's Awakening is my favorite.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

gunswordfist

I've never beaten OoT or any 3D Zelda more. I love the top down format but something about the 3D Zeldas (or at least Ocarina Of Time, I've only played that and MM and barely any of MM.) makes it feel like greatest of time material. So I actually do prefer 3D Zelda overall.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Zelda might be the only franchise I can think of where you can make an argument for "best in the series" for the majority of the games. ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, WW, TP, ALBW. That's 9/17 games.

Even with Mario, one of the most legendary series of all time, you'd have a difficult time arguing for anything beyond SMB3, SMW, SMG, or SMG2.